2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't too sure where to put this but I seem to have some kind of odorless sticky stuff coming out of both doors. I have not taken the card off but all I can think of is that the sound proofing is leaking that I had installed. Seems odd it's happening to both doors though.
Any ideas?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Just the screws in the door handle "cup", you need to remove the rubber insert.
Aside from that it's poppers around the bottom and lifts up.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks, I'll do it asap and get evidence photos. Think I'll need them. Gonna ring the audio place and pre warn them I think their stuff has ruined my doors.
Do you know what product they fitted?

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
looks like rust proofing wax oil,if thats the case when your door gets hot by the sun ,it softens it inside the door and makes it run.They have probably put it on quiet thick.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
some wax oils are black and thick ,if you are brave and your car has not been sprayed lately ,wipe of with thinners.put some thinner on a cloth not to much then wipe of.Or if not brave ,use panel wipe.i always use thinners to wipe of tar stuck to bottom of doors before spraying.Does not hurt the paint work unless freshly painted.

·
GC
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used white spirit and it came off instantly, then wiped over with a sponge and water to get any excess off. I'm worried I'll go to the audio place on Wednesday only to find out it's not coming from the sound proofing. Mind you, I need the door card off anyway to clean it.
I don't actually know when it happened, it hasn't been that hot lately but it could have happened weeks back.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
i would not worry about it ,it just seems to be to much applied in side your doors .But make sure it has not blocked up your drain holes at the bottom of your doors.its got to stop running at some point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts