2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from my honda dealer today, and got all excited because i thought the 1.8 es i have ordered had arrived, but it had not.
He rang to tell me that that as of late last week they discovered that the 1.8 engine has jumped from tax band b €225 a year to tax band c €330 a year and that as a concequnce the vrt will jump up €900 also, but because i have paid my deposit the vrt wont effect me they will claim it back from honda because it was their mistake.
now thats a pretty big blunder on someones part!! so here in ireland the cost of buying a 1.8 has basicly gone up another €1000 euro, 900 vrt and another 100 on the road tax,
Has anyone else heard anything like this??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Existing 8th gen 1.8s are in band d i think (my road tax is €480) so im surprised honda thought they could drop 2 tax bands on the new car with the same engine. Puzzling. Enjoy it.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you check the Honda Ireland website you will see that the CO2 for the 1.8 manual has moved from 137 to 143 which brings it into the next class.
Also the fuel consumption has increased by approx 0.2 l/100km. The good news is that the 0-100 kmh acceleration has improved by 0.3 sec.
This change is not on the UK site. I wonder are we are getting
a higher performance version in Ireland!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.