2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a set of black pro race 1.2's for my FN2, according to rimstock standard size is, 7.5 x 18, offset 55.

Now the closest i can see is 8x 18, still takes a 225/40/18 tyre, think the closest offset i can find is 45, will these be ok ? Should i get hubcentric spacers or will it look/be ok without.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will have no problems with a 45 offset unless you fit a bbk later. Mine are 40 offset to give enough clearance for the stoptech bbk.
I was thinking about a stoptech kit further down the line..would you advise going 40 offset then ? Or 45 with 15mm spacers, would that give enough room.

I dont want any arch rub..ideally in the not so distant future i will have a stoptech bbk fitted and FRS from tdi north.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Mate, if they are track wheels.... whay are you buying 18"?? Why not go for 17s?

Car will handle beter, wheels will be cheaper and lighter, and the price diference in tires is huge!!

You can easily run 17x8 ET40 (maybe even ET35) ;)

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wont be track wheels, will be used on my everyday fn2 hence why im going for 18's, i would get 17's but would need a big drop to pull them off, and my driveway doesnt allow for that.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Wont be track wheels, will be used on my everyday fn2 hence why im going for 18's, i would get 17's but would need a big drop to pull them off, and my driveway doesnt allow for that.

Sorry mate, as you said TD Pro Race..... i thought you meant Track Day!!

Ok, so 18x8 ET40 will give you a nice fit.

Reactions: modd1uk

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
What exact size are you running, and do you have any recommendations where to buy ?
I'm running 8x18 with 40 offset. Bought from Demon Tweeks with Yoko parada spec 2 tyres. ABP gave details of the offset to clear the BBK and they supply both TD wheels & the brakes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.