2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone fancy participating in a trial I have lined up to test our new "drop-in" camshafts.

They are expected to be at least as good as the JDM cams so this would be a good test rather than fitting them in an OEM cammed car for a comparison.

There won't be any charge for this unless the owner wishes to keep the cams.

Give me a call and we can sort a date out. ;)

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Cant wait to see dyno's on this :D

Ill take your used cams for £100 chris?? lol

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
i think i want toda a3 so i wont be buying these..
Nice!! Has your kidney been removed yet in readyness?? ;)

260bhp to come? :D

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We also do some "Race" cams now that work pretty well. ;)
They are in Adam Jones's Time Attack EP3 but we don't have any before and afters as we weren't specifically testing the cams on their own when we fitted them as there were so many other changes made. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Hi paul If Chris or Dave can't then I will! And I might buy if theres a worth while improvement!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Hi paul If Chris or Dave can't then I will! And I might buy if theres a worth while improvement!

im thinking that now.. but ill have to see 250+ to make me buy!

then ill sell my fd's to cover some of the cost etc

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
im thinking that now.. but ill have to see 250+ to make me buy!

then ill sell my fd's to cover some of the cost etc
Exactly mate!

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
If they are cheaper and better gains I will wish I had held off for a couple of weeks before having my JDMs :(

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
We also do some "Race" cams now that work pretty well. ;)
They are in Adam Jones's Time Attack EP3 but we don't have any before and afters as we weren't specifically testing the cams on their own when we fitted them as there were so many other changes made. ;)
Awesome

Could we get some specs Paul?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Race cams?

As per pulpmelon, specs please. Need a mule for those or are they too much for a daily?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I needed to define between the drop in cams that run on stock valvesprings and a set that need uprated springs hence calling the others "race"

They will run fine on a road car and be ideal for you Loxy giving heaps more midrange and bit more top end.

The drop in cams are based on the A3 duration and modified angles but reduced to 12.7mm lift. A3's are 13mm and require uprated valvesprings.

I have tested a set of the dropins and they made 250 on a car with intake, manifold and exhaust with RRC and FD2 TB but I want to test them on a known car running JDM's to get a good comparison.

If I give out specs anyone can just go out and copy them. We spent a fair while working out exactly what we wanted and the constraints working with a very good designer so proof will be in the results through testing on customers cars where they can give un-biased opinion rather than just another trader pushing their own thing as the next best if you know what I mean. ;)

I'm basing the price on the JDM's as well which we did supplied, installed and fully dyno tuned for about £1400
The race cams will be about the same if you already have the springs. If you need springs, supplied installed and dyno tuned we are aiming at £2000.

If this all works out how we are expecting it to I will try and sort a group buy out on them.
They will all be supplied and fitted only. None sent mail order I'm afraid at ths point as I said we want to protect our interlectual development rights as far as we can.

1 - 20 of 289 Posts