2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got our thermals, passport and Berlitz language translation guide packed for a trip to.............. Scotland!

Me and Ben will be at Hypertech near Falkirk for a couple of days and stopping at a nearby hotel if anyone fancies popping over to say hello or share a beer in the evening.

Not sure if they have phones or internetz up there but probably best to contact us through pm or FB ;)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Got our thermals, passport and Berlitz language translation guide packed for a trip to.............. Scotland!

Not sure if they have phones or internetz up there but probably best to contact us through pm or FB ;)
You don 't need to worry - you're about to discover that Scotland is in fact a hell of a lot more advanced than Warrington ;)

·
Premium Member
990 Posts

Me and Ben will be at Hypertech near Falkirk for a couple of days and stopping at a nearby hotel if anyone fancies popping over to say hello or share a beer in the evening.

Cheeky buger.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Got our thermals, passport and Berlitz language translation guide packed for a trip to ... Scotland!

Not sure if they have phones or internetz up there but probably best to contact us through PM or FB ;)
Yes indeed - a place of the most horrible privations and ghastly scenes of everyday poverty, disease, malnutrition, etc. - although the new fangled running water and gas lighting are slowly improving things - whoops, sorry, that's the English 'enclave' on Benebecula ! ...

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else see "Eagle" at the weekend?

So far we made it to Bellshill but still not seen anyone with a Mohican and painted blue. :confused:

Hoping to find an establishment later that serves a known "Southern" refreshment know a "Beer" but not holding out much hope. :(
Have found some strange coloured liquids being consumed by some local inhabitants however in packaging labeled "Iron Bru" though. :confused::lol:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts

So far we made it to Bellshill but still not seen anyone with a Mohican and painted blue. :confused:

Hoping to find an establishment later that serves a known "Southern" refreshment know a "Beer" but not holding out much hope. :(
Have found some strange coloured liquids being consumed by some local inhabitants however in packaging labeled "Iron Bru" though. :confused::lol:
Haha. Got to love some irn bru. I'm from Falkirk so might manage to pop along depending why nights you will be there.

What you's doing at hypertech? Iv heard about them before

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts

Just wait until you try and communicate with one of said inhabitants!
It's like talking to a very very drunk shakespear :p

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Are you immunised guys ?
Typo ? - " Are you immunised gays ? " ...

Well, no 'Mohican', but I am painted Blue (see Avatar) ! ...

Ahhhhhh - IRON BRU - the proper stuff - how I miss it ...

Made in Scotland, from Girders, sold in Bottles - NUMMY ...

It's sometimes possible to get the real thing here, at the thick end of £3 for a 33cl can ! - or there's the "made under license in a dung filled goat shagger's shed near Oslo" version, which comes in about half the price, and, strangely, tastes like goat's piss ...

A big bottle or two of Iron Bru and a plate of butcher-made black pudding and sliced sausage - the hangover cure of the Gods themselves ! - of course, I can't get the scoff either :( ...

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
all this abuse from our english cousins.... thoguh gotta say castlecary?? that might just confirm your fears... you going over Ross??

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day 1.

Been quite eventfull as people following us on FB will have already seen.

Deceided to take the GTR to give it a good run as its been pretty cooped up for about the past 12 months.
Anyway. Made it to Gretna services before we needed our first fuel stop....(After brimming before we left 160miles earlier) :facepalm: and a coffee.
I noticed the front bumper slightly hanging off which due to the weight and reversing off the drive I clipped the kerb and diddn't even realise at the time.

Couple of cable ties later from our Skyline "Fix-it-kit" and we were ready to roll.

Got about another 20 miles and heard a really bad rubbing noise coming from the rear. Feared the worst of a puncture and knowing I didn't have a spare 18" 285mm shod wheel we could be in deep trouble.

Pulled over onto the motorway hard shoulder to find tire fine but suspension I have been asked to test had collapsed on rear drivers side!....Think thats a fail then!

Luckily we traveled fully tooled-up and with a few hammers and bendy bars managed to get enough clearance on the wheel/arch to continue our journey.

Plan was to get to Bellshill to carry out a service on a production line in a big dairy which is actually my "other" job as an automation engineer in process and packaging industry then off to Hypertech to do so mapping on a few cars.

We got the service and inspections cracked off pretty swiftly and was about to leave for Hypertech when on the way out I spotted this:

IMG_1807.jpg

In England we are pretty renown for propping fire doors open with fire extinguishers.
In Scotland they use Axes! :lol:

Anyway. In the bar now. Few beers and an early start in the morning.

Be back same hotel tomorrow night if anyones coming across and going to watch some Champions League football. Man U, Man City or Chelsea supporters need not attend. ;)

(Even if Arsenal do go out they did get further than any other British club ;))

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
all this abuse from our english cousins.... thoguh gotta say castlecary?? that might just confirm your fears... you going over Ross??
Might try and pop along but can't make Wednesday so would have to be tomorrow night and that could be a push

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
have fun up there guys, some superb driving roads.

A challenge, should you be brave enough to accept.

Sample the finest fish and chip supper of all the land at the Anstruther Fish Bar.

Trust me Paul, you will love it :)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts

Bellshill!! you should have came in for a coffee! thats only 5 min from my house. When do you head back home?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts