2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We now have available our own short shifter for the FN2's and other Gen8 Civic's that its compatable with.

Unit has been out on test now for some time on a customers car with very good feedback.

Couple of pictures:

TDi North short shifter1.jpg

TDi North short shifter2.jpg

Throw from front to back has been reduced to 80mm from 110 on a standard shifter. We couldn't reduce it any more due to space under the shifter.

These are available at £199 incl VAT and are on an exchange basis. :cool:

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
How does this compare to my Mugen shifter i purchased of youselves. Any benefit in swapping? Many thanks

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
if i remember right, the mugen one is 10mm shorter, so that would work out at 90mm, so the tdi one is definately a winner.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
So £265 fitted including VAT?

You can you put me down for one of these when I'm in next Friday having the LSD and clutch done, assuming there will be time? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Can you please comment on the difference between the mugen and TDi shifter?

Whats postage to germany for one of these bad boys?

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I've been fortunate enough to have this on test and it is excellent. Its a great mod and makes the difference when shifting - just makes it more direct and especially on the twisties it's a joy to blast up and down the gears. Paul did offer to remove it from my car if I wasn't happy but it's staying as i am a very happy customer. :D

After also having my eibach springs, brake lines and pads fitted the whole car comes together nicely with the short shifter.

Highly recommended... now to think about more power ;)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
We now have available our own short shifter for the FN2's and other Gen8 Civic's that its compatible with. Unit has been out on test now for some time on a customer's car with very good feedback. Throw from front to back has been reduced to 80mm from 110mm on a standard shifter. We couldn't reduce it any more due to space under the shifter. These are available at £199 incl VAT and are on an exchange basis. :cool:
What exactly do you mean by "exchange basis" - and how much for one sent to Norway (non-EU country, so nil UK VAT) ? ...

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
By exchange I would take it to mean they want your old one in exchange.

Also going into the nil VAT part of things just opens a new can of worms. Technically you would have to pay your local VAT and import duties (non-EU country you see) and likewise TDi would have to pay UK VAT and import duty on the part you send back, so done by the book would probably work out more expensive. :worms:

·
9,228 Posts
By exchange I would take it to mean they want your old one in exchange. Also going into the nil VAT part of things just opens a new can of worms. Technically you would have to pay your local VAT and import duties (non-EU country you see) and likewise TDi would have to pay UK VAT and import duty on the part you send back, so done by the book would probably work out more expensive. :worms:
I was just wondering about the 'logistics' - i.e. timing / deposit / etc. …

I'm used to the VAT problem here - so, I don't want to be paying UK & Norwegian Taxes on the import - and if I declare the returned old part as £35, there are no UK fees to pay …

·
9,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bit complex if shipping out. I was more thinking of it being geared up for customers who come in and we fit them keeping their old one as opposed to logistics of import/export.

Getting 10 done and should have them back in next few days.

·
9,228 Posts
Bit complex if shipping out. I was more thinking of it being geared up for customers who come in and we fit them keeping their old one as opposed to logistics of import/export. Getting 10 done and should have them back in next few days.
That's what I was afraid of ! ...

But, never mind, I'm actually thinking of a tour to the UK later this year - I'll get back to you once I have firm plans ...

·
9,228 Posts
That would be perfect but am sure we could sort something out. ;)
I've got a few more mods. planned - mostly with parts sourced from the UK (more choice and a lot cheaper) ...

However, even the cost of labour here makes a trip to the UK partially self funded : NoK 990 +25% VAT per hour (that's over £140) ...

So, a day or so of labour differential isn't to be sneezed at ! ...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts