2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video of Adams 9.7 run last Sunday on a cold RWYB track against a nippy little Tigra :cool:

Clean sweep with it this year. Won everything!:cool:

http://video.ak.fbcdn.net/cfs-ak-ash4/344712/794/10150905515610384_11374.mp4?oh=60f457aea5368de22bb5a83cb0900de4&oe=4EB2FE00&__gda__=1320353280_fbffcae0b0e3c66554478c949b3f61da

I tuned this car over a year ago and last week did a few tweaks to the map and got a bit more midrange out of it.

It's still running regular pump fuel, VPower or Tesco99. Running 18month old slicks and rear skinnies with flatspots after the 1000bhp driveshaft snapped and put it into the wall!

Only running 27lbs of boost as well a still on stock ignition and any more we get missfires as its failing to ignite the spark.

Hopefully bit of investment over the year and we can wind it up to its full potential!

When it comes to tuning we know what we are doing ;)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Perfect ;-)

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
I think the Tigra is Specky's from RS Tuning, that's also very quick, well done though guys.

Can you give some tips on how best to achieve good times? Not expecting any secrets just generally accepted methods.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah was Specky. Andy Nichols popped down as well.

Slicks and big burnouts are the secret and thing that will make the biggest difference.
Ben was running his EG at the same time doing some testing and filming for the promo video and even with nearly half the power was just wheelspinning down the track! He still trapped 124mph but times were 12.8!
That terminal and weight on slicks is a dead cert 10 second run.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Slicks and big burnouts are the secret and thing that will make the biggest differene
Ben was running his EG at the same time doing some testing and filming for the promo video and even with nearly half the power was just wheelspinning down the track! He still trapped 124mph but times were 12.8!
That terminal and weight on slicks is a dead cert 10 second run.
Sound advice TDI ;)

Does an LSD make a difference? also do you use electronic boost control or ECU Solenoid control to limit boost in 1st couple of gears?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LSD would help. We pretty much broken everything apart from a Wavetrac. Dougie broke a Quaife last year in his supercharged car!

Yeah I use the Hondata ECUs in all the cars and run the boost control option. I datalog each run and watch a few things and adjust boost and ignition accordingly for the track conditions.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
didn't get the best start.......but then went like the clappers :D

well done lads !!

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Perfect!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
does that make it as fast as an FN2? :worms:

LOL!! You guys are the best! Im so glad I live near you! (apart from the spending money issue ha ha)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Not bad for beginners lol.

Ps I've seen your video and I'm reporting you for excessive speeding. NAUGHTY BOYS. :(
:lol:
It's on a race track you gimp! :lol:
Forgot to put cameras inside Adams car as they were all in Bens Civic getting footage for his video.
Gonna have to buy some more cameras for next year though. Gonna be lots of "speeding" going on. ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does that make it as fast as an FN2? :worms:

LOL!! You guys are the best! Im so glad I live near you! (apart from the spending money issue ha ha)
Its pretty much the fastest Civic Type-R in the world now.
Guy's gone a couple 1/100ths quicker on actual time but we trapped fastest speeds over the 1/4.

Am hoping we might see a nice "Turbo'd" FN2 joining us on the strip maybe next year though.:popcorn:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Its pretty much the fastest Civic Type-R in the world now.
Guy's gone a couple 1/100ths quicker on actual time but we trapped fastest speeds over the 1/4.

Am hoping we might see a nice "Turbo'd" FN2 joining us on the strip maybe next year though.:popcorn:
Turbo, a further corruption of NA purity ;) lol you guys are like dictators wanting more and more power!! Paul West being Hitler lol

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My choice I would stay NA.
Problem seems to be more people coming in going Batshit crazy and who are we to say no! :lol:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
My choice I would stay NA.
Problem seems to be more people coming in going Batshit crazy and who are we to say no! :lol:
Yes but surely your morals should win through! Who wants to make money anyway :D :worms:

Gotta say, even though it wouldnt be for me, your 2.2 super project was awesome to see on the dyno!!

Next year btw Im coming in for everything at once. Everything up to cams hopefully March time, can you help? ;)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Next year btw Im coming in for everything at once. Everything up to cams hopefully March time, can you help? ;)
Yeah in process of sorting prices for you. JDM cams have gone up a bit but by time your ready will hopefully have something better to offer in the cams department for JDM money. :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts