2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys quite new to this looking for some help, bought and fitted team heko wind deflectors using there instructions. I never bothered with the clips cause heard they are not always necessary. However it's been 4 hours and when i try to put the window up it bounces back down when it gets about 3 inches from the top, can anyone help?

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Best advice I will give you is bin them and buy these Honda Civic 06 on Type R FN2 3dr Hatch Window Wind Rain Deflectors Stick on | eBay

I found these to look better along with being hassle free, while the Heko's I had years ago cracked, scratched the glass at the top of the window were this slides in the door seal with the deflector as to be fair manufacturers do not design the door seal to have a Heko deflector shoved in it.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I had this with one window after I fitted them. Turned out to be the rubber window seal. When I fitted the Heko I put a kink into the seal. Took it off and refitted paying attention to the seal and all was good.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Same as me one deflector was a pain but never used clips and refitted and window closed fine and still good now been on about a year now

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hi guys quite new to this looking for some help, bought and fitted team heko wind deflectors using there instructions. I never bothered with the clips cause heard they are not always necessary. However it's been 4 hours and when i try to put the window up it bounces back down when it gets about 3 inches from the top, can anyone help?
Don't use "auto" up, just hold the button at the first click to put the window up fully. I had this issue on my driver side when fitting, with the window up it stuck in place properly and the next day (and ever since) my window has functioned normally.

Best advice I will give you is bin them and buy these Honda Civic 06 on Type R FN2 3dr Hatch Window Wind Rain Deflectors Stick on | eBay

I found these to look better along with being hassle free, while the Heko's I had years ago cracked, scratched the glass at the top of the window were this slides in the door seal with the deflector as to be fair manufacturers do not design the door seal to have a Heko deflector shoved in it.
I know you love these type Rick but I do have to disagree - I think they look terrible compared to the Hekos!:worms:

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
I got flamed by every member of the group for suggesting that Team Heko's weren't up to much. It appears that after a few years of testing a small number of people are starting to agree.
I bought Heko's and fitted them without the clips... the window wouldn't go up properly and when I eventually forced it to go up it merely cracked the deflector in half.
I then fitted them using the clips only to find that the first time I pulled my window up the metal clips scratched the glass.

These have no EU safety marking on them either which means that if they come off whilst driving and cause damage or injury then you insurance are unlikely to pay out.

You don't see them on Corsa's for nothing you know ;)

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I fitted my hekos about 18 months ago, I pushed the clips in with a wooden spatula and I've never had a problem.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
To keep them securely in place right at top of the window channel and thus stopping any issues with the auto close of the window

1 - 9 of 9 Posts