2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
-Thor-
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked my FK2 from the shop that did the Tectyl anti corrosion treatment on it. They said they coulnd't find a single spot of rust on the car so I'm well pleased with that.

They removed all the plastic covers under the car, around the sides and in the wheel wells. Cleaned, and then applied a coat of Tectyl. It's said to reduce road noise as well, but I haven't driven the car enough to tell if that's true or not. They even gave the car a decent clean before it was handed back to me.

Very happy now that I don't have to worry about the salty roads around here in the winter. :D

Has anyone else had any extra rust proofing done to their cars, and if so, what are your experiences with it?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nice :cool:

Anti corrosion treatment is something that would interest me but with the cost and the length of time I have a car, I imagine I wouldn't benefit from it in the UK so I just try to keep my car as clean as possible in the winter.

I see you're from Norway though so I imagine you see a lot more road salt :confused:

·
-Thor-
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Around where I live the roads are salted when the "experts" find it necessary. It's much worse in the larger cities further south. Personally I prefer driving on proper winter roads with a good snow surface rather than in the salty slush we sometimes get here.

I figure it's a decent investment in keeping my car in top shape, and it's many times cheaper than having rust repairs done later.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
On my mk1 mx5 i applied dinitrol. The kit cost £60 and was easy to apply. Not sure I'll bother on a car as new as my civic.

·
-Thor-
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heard a lot of good things about the Dinitrol treatment, and I would probably have gone for it if I didn't have a certified Tectyl shop within walking distance of my apartment. :)

·
-Thor-
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've now used the car for a few days after the Tectyl was applied, and my impression is that the road noise is somewhat reduced. It's not completely gone since I have studded tires on right now, but it's definitly muffled in a way. Well pleased with that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts