2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi civinfoer's

I snapped up an ebay deal in the form of a tegiwa induction kit, just the carbon fibre box with the panel filter inside. It actually came from tegiwa so I was confident it would be cool and it is... Almost.

Since fitting, if you give it more than 1/2 throttle below 3k revs it has an almighty flat spot. Under normal accelleration it is smooth and hard accelleration over 3k is also cool. Now I realise that this is fine as if you want to go fast in a type R, full throttle under 3k is useless but it's just a bit annoying as it always catches you out.

The kit looks to be properly fitted save for the intake hose that goes into the bottom of the airbox it's too big for the box connection so is just meeting it but not connected. A jubilee clip will just crease the hose.

So how do I cure this? Spend a frankly ridiculous £170 on the plastic pipe that connects to the air box or will a proper flashpro tune sort it out?

I can feel the improvement the induction kit has made but don't think it's worth this flat spot.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Can you link me to the auction you won? You might have the one that we had fitted on our K20a DC2, therefore it doesnt have the fins in the MAF housing - this may be the reason for the flat spots.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi tegiwa, thanks for the reply. Yes that's the one I bought.
What would you suggest I do. The listing was clear in saying it
was specifically for the Fn2?

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My bad, I didn't read the reply from tegiwa. Thanks a lot for sorting this out tegiwa.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it was, spot on. Nice new piece arrived and since being swapped has smoothed it right out.

Thanks again Tegiwa!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts