2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted these and if so what do you need to take apart to get all the slam panel ones done as i assume you need to remove the grill or something.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts

·
Boost Time...
989 Posts
Fantastic looking engine bay and always wondered what the Mugen Grille would look like carbon wrapped / dipped, looks real good :cool:

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Had these fitted myself.

You have to drill out the holes to around 10mm or so. This it all fits. Issue with that is that when you come to sell the car it wont be able to go back to clips however this isnt too much of a problem as for £36 or what ever it is for the kit you may as well just leave them on.

Reactions: unkle creepy

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
You will need some rubber rivnuts. We now supply them in the kit for FN2/EP3. As andrew said above, the holes will need to be drilled out to take the rivets.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Fantastic looking engine bay and always wondered what the Mugen Grille would look like carbon wrapped / dipped, looks real good :cool:

Its not Wrappes or Dipped...... Its real carbon... ;)

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
Its not Wrappes or Dipped...... Its real carbon... ;)
Where did you find the main relais cover ? :popcorn:

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
You will need some rubber rivnuts. We now supply them in the kit for FN2/EP3. As andrew said above, the holes will need to be drilled out to take the rivets.

Thanks
Any pics/links of these rivnuts? As I've got password jdm washers and was wondering how to fit them to the landing panel.

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
Any pics/links of these rivnuts? As I've got password jdm washers and was wondering how to fit them to the landing panel.
You can also use this rubber type (usually found in motorcycle fairings ) :

Attachments

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
You can also use this rubber type (usually found in motorcycle fairings ) :
That's what's provided by tegiwa. 8 units total in the kit.

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
That's what's provided by tegiwa. 8 units total in the kit.
Metal rivnut (special tool is needed to lock tem in place ), M6 thread 9mm O.D. :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers guys as I thought this was a pop the clips and install the kit. Thanks again

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Only slightly!!?:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts