2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys and girls

Today I refitted the standard catback to my CW. I did so because I was a little bit tired of a drone between 110-125kph, motorway driving and when accelerating normal with a warm exhaust system.
The drone is not really that loud but just enough to annoy me when not in the mood for full throttle.

The car still pulls fantastic but all that amazing undescribeable epic sound coming from the tegiwa exhaust and CPL intake is now gone:( There is a huge difference between Tegiwa and standard catback sound:???:

I was about to sell the Tegiwa catback but I am torn between to sell or not to sell it.
Therefore I would like to hear your experience with other aftermarket exhausts and the level of drone from them?
Is the HKS for example more quiet than the Tegiwa? Is there anyway to get rid of the drone by fitting some sort of silencer?

Please help guys:)

I had hoped for a sound somewhere between the standard catback and the Tegiwa..

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also thought that the cpl intake and manifold would give more sound? But maybe I have got to used to the awesome sound with the tegiwa..

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
recently done 300 miles with a car fitted with hks exhaust with standard mani you can hardly hear it, im gonna do the same trip with a js exhaust and toda mani next week tbh im dreading it ha! the drones bang on at 70mph

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
recently done 300 miles with a car fitted with hks exhaust with standard mani you can hardly hear it, im gonna do the same trip with a js exhaust and toda mani next week tbh im dreading it ha! the drones bang on at 70mph
Thanks for the info:)

I would like to know how the HKS sounds with exhaust manifold:)

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Ive got a hks catback, with standard exhaust manifold i dont think there was any drone. The drone came from getting a race header with no cat fitted. The drone is at 78mph though so obviously i never quite reach it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive got a hks catback, with standard exhaust manifold i dont think there was any drone. The drone came from getting a race header with no cat fitted. The drone is at 78mph though so obviously i never quite reach it ;)
Funny I did'nt think of this before. I think you might be right fitting a race cat would take care of the drone:)

·
Form & Function
233 Posts
I had hoped for a sound somewhere between the standard catback and the Tegiwa..
Go for Blueflame !
No drone at all during cruising at 110--->130 KPH , awesome sound in VTEC . ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Funny I did'nt think of this before. I think you might be right fitting a race cat would take care of the drone:)
Had just this fitted today Macdaddies (CPL manifold + sportscat to my HKS exhaust) and there is still a bit of a drone on the motorway. Without the mani the HKS exhaust was pretty much silent when cruising.

As above, nothing turning up the radio can't fix though!

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all your replies:)

I guess it comes down to the fact that I am getting older:) 34 years of age you know.

I will have a think over the next few weeks and try out the car with the standard catback on it. Though I already miss that insane sound the whole car makes with the Tegiwa.

But again if anyone has any good advice or suggestions as to what I can do to minimize the drone, which I have to say is not very high compared to other aftermarket exhausts I have had on previous cars, please feel free to give them to me.:)

I would prefer to keep the Tegiwa in some kind of form.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was kind of weird today driving around and not having the epic sound when on full throttle. Like something is missing but then again it was still very fun to give it the beans.

What I don´t understand so much is why the manifold and Intake don´t make more sound? guees the OEM catback spoils all the fun??

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I've just had the Tegiwa single exit fitted to mine and it's quiter than the milltek but I haven't fitted the Tegiwa manifold yet that I got at the same time. What's the condition of the catback once you took it off?

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've just had the Tegiwa single exit fitted to mine and it's quiter than the milltek but I haven't fitted the Tegiwa manifold yet that I got at the same time. What's the condition of the catback once you took it off?
Excellent condition. Looks like new:) been on the car for 3 months and looking like new.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
That's good to know. If you do fit the Tegiwa catback again and have a 400cel cat cut into it it should be quiter. Tdi north have the exhurst at the minuite to cut up and fit the cats for testing so keep a look out for feed back.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Go a little faster! ;)
Well I am gonna put another silencer on or sell it and let the money go towards more engine tuning like inlet manifold, throttle body and DIC cams.

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
I have the Tegiwa racing mani header and HKS Legamax.

The HKS is very quiet compared to every other aftermarket exhaust I've heard. Now with the racing header it's louder, there is a drone at 3500rpm on mine but I like it, it sounds like a rally car, and on the motorway at 3500 it reverberates off the concrete central reservation on the M25 and sounds nice.

Each to their own eh.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts