2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

tegiwa catback with 400cel failed emissions

35K views 221 replies 40 participants last post by  coste1l 
#1 ·
As the missus takes the car for work she took it in for its mot. When she went to pick it up they said it failed on emissions and followed up with I see its got a performance exhaust on it put the cat bafk in it and bring it back in. As the cat was already in place instead of the mid silencer do you think (a) they seen the tegiwa manifold and thought there's no cat on this and just failed it without testing it or (b) it has genuinely failed? But they have a £10 resit in place. Any input would be appreciated. Ps I'm going to say my mechanic forgot to switch it round when I take it back in and if it fails again I think I'll have to contact tegiwa. Cheers

#6 ·
be a life-saver. Simply 'jack' the car up and switch in the 400CEL cat to pass your MOT. This is also perfect for RACE CARS as it is nescessary to have a cat installed in all MSA race series.** Due to the size of this item you may need to pay extra shipping. Please email to confirm. As stated on tegiwa's site and the reason I bought it

#7 · (Edited)
Don't expect decent after sales service from tegiwa, bad enough buying from them in the first place miserable on the phone and just act like they don't want your business. They also copied a well known HKS RSK heatshield and got it wrong, their description points to civinfo forum for fitting instructions lol.

Chances are they saw it was aftermarket and didn't even test it, you would get a failed emissions sheet i assume like you do when it passes.

#10 ·
Its kind of my first thought here's a young woman and then they seen the manifold and thought no cat so thats a fail. £10 resit. There were no figures on the sheet only fails eg idle and fast idle. The exhaust will be glowing like that Russian comet last month when it goes back in.

#11 ·
My Tegiwa removeable CAT passed last november didn't need an Italian tuned up either. CO/CO2 readings were fine.
My only issue was they found it hard to hold the revs at 2700rpm (or whatever it is) to get a reading as it bounced around a bit so it went through 2nd time they tried.
However I never removed the mid silencer, instead my CAT is just under my seat.

Attachments

#13 ·
The Martelious does worry me a little with it being only 200cel however as its right in the same place as OEM it should be ok providing i give it a good rag before hand.

Fingers crossed for you on your next visit! :)

#14 ·
mine is a 400 cel (not tegiwa) and its further back than the one pictured above and sailed through last year. does need a good 20 minute run before to make sure its nice and hot before handing it over to the testers. they are also stricter here in dublin than in the uk.

#15 ·
I now found out she drove the car for about three miles from her work to the testersbin a 30 zone all the way and I've seen the mot now too. First test slow idle 0.38 second one fast idle 0.63 which is 3 times over. Well if it fails when its hot then i'm fecked.

#28 ·
I asked the same question to the tester and he said it'd fail because the result would suggest a hole in the exhaust, too much air to fuel.
So I think the machine ensures AFR is stable/correct (eliminating those variables) before testing to see if CAT is actually doing its thing and converting the gasses.

#23 ·
Not too bothered atm cause she took it in cold but if it fails after I take it in after a thrash then I'll be contacting tegiwa. Getting quite drunk now so I'm trying to watch what I say. It could just be the cat was vold . If not its open season on tegiwa

#25 ·
Would v power not help. the higher octave obtaining a cleaner burn? (i know it won't make a massive difference but every little helps and all that)

sent from fraggle rock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.