2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recent bought an hks rsk and got a heatshield free. Anyone got photos of how the heatshield installs. uploadfromtaptalk1456680365343.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Enjoying life
8,599 Posts
You'll see two bolts holding the oem airbox plate, you remove the left hand one as you look at it, then reassemble with the heatshield added.

·
Enjoying life
8,599 Posts
Come to think of it you should have a longer replacement bolt because I think the hks support brace goes on there too. Might want to double check that. My memory is a little fuzzy :D

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come to think of it you should have a longer replacement bolt because I think the hks support brace goes on there too. Might want to double check that. My memory is a little fuzzy :D
Yeah it came with extra bolts n fancy washers. Cheers for the help .

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Polished mine before installing, was very very bored 1 day. looks nice though. And not difficult to fit, just bolt everything down tight and leave a decent gap between the heat shield and filter housing as too little of a gap can cause knocking over larger bumps.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Polished mine before installing, was very very bored 1 day. looks nice though. And not difficult to fit, just bolt everything down tight and leave a decent gap between the heat shield and filter housing as too little of a gap can cause knocking over larger bumps.
Cheers, will do pal thanks for the advice

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Another thing to watch out for is your heat shield cutting into a pipe which runs from the HKS RSK to the rocker cover. My heat shield has a rough edge and over time has sliced the pipe open.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another thing to watch out for is your heat shield cutting into a pipe which runs from the HKS RSK to the rocker cover. My heat shield has a rough edge and over time has sliced the pipe open.
Cool mate I've got some edging rubber at work so that should do. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
hope your install went better than mine!

I had a right ball-ache with a rusted screw under the OEM intake box. Spent 30min using every trick and tool I could come up with and it wouldn't budge. In the end had to cable tie the mofo in place instead of securing via that screw. Was able to get the rest to move after some elbow grease so wasn't all lost.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hope your install went better than mine!

I had a right ball-ache with a rusted screw under the OEM intake box. Spent 30min using every trick and tool I could come up with and it wouldn't budge. In the end had to cable tie the mofo in place instead of securing via that screw. Was able to get the rest to move after some elbow grease so wasn't all lost.
I've not had the time to fit it yet because of the weather n all the over time I've been doing. Hope it's not rusty too, my civic is an 07 so could be. Any trouble with the coolant pipe? I'm worried bout getting air in the system.

·
Enjoying life
8,599 Posts
I didn't do any bleeding or topping up but i suppose you could if you wanted. The replacement pipe is a good fit, you use the included connector to join it at the front.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't do any bleeding or topping up but i suppose you could if you wanted. The replacement pipe is a good fit, you use the included connector to join it at the front.
Cheers pal thanks for your help

1 - 20 of 31 Posts