2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive bought a tegiwa intake second hand, it has come with frp intake tract:
TEGIWA FRP INTAKE TRACT HONDA CIVIC TYPE R FN2 | Tegiwa Imports

Ive seen numerous threads using large scoops, fog scoops etc, to get it working/improve its performance. Im not interested in loosing my fog light, so what is the most effective way of fitting it? Ive seen something called a 'Driven crazy scoop' or something like that. Is that needed to get results out of tegiwa induction kit?

Getting the car remapped early Jan so need to get my parts fitted asap.

Cheers,

Liam.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,277 Posts
If you want to keep your fog lights you'll need a driven crazy scoopin like I did.... conveniently mine's coming off next week to fit the Tegiwa tract as I've now bought fog scoops ;)

If you want it cheap as you're local let me know. I won't lie it works better with the fog scoops but as it draws air from the front grill too it's better than the Teg tract if retaining your fog lights.

OEM with the resonator box will also still work but may bottleneck up top

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want to keep your fog lights you'll need a driven crazy scoopin like I did.... conveniently mine's coming off next week to fit the Tegiwa tract as I've now bought fog scoops ;)

If you want it cheap as you're local let me know. I won't lie it works better with the fog scoops but as it draws air from the front grill too it's better than the Teg tract if retaining your fog lights.

OEM with the resonator box will also still work but may bottleneck up top
Is the tract the part I already have in the link in my first post? If I used the driven crazy scoopin will I need to use the tract still or does the scoop come with parts to reach the airbox? And if I don't need the tract is that the part you need? So many questions :grin2:

·
4,277 Posts
The tract you linked is the Teg one and comes with the intake. It sits right behind the fog light and attaches to the oem pipe before the intake.

The tract is blocked by the fog light and not great unless you have a fog scoop fitted. The driven crazy attaches to the same oem pipe but is much larger and reaches down to the front grill. I fitted it for the same reason as I originally want to keep my lights.

I already have both tracts so will be swapping them over once my scoops arrive next week :)

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Is there a teg tract going cheap? :flute:
Thinking of fog scoops.

·
4,277 Posts
As you're not far I'm happy to show you fitment mate, it's not difficult just fiddly as it's tight down there ;)

@flashy can confirm and I'm sure he can smell deals lol

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
It's hairy the amount of force you have to use to get the bumper off.

Attachments

·
4,277 Posts
Scoops have arrived and getting fitted tomorrow mate, happy to come have a nosey whilst bumper's off if you want otherwise I'll get a couple of pics with the scoop in situ.

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
Muse, I'm mulling over the teg tract with scoops. Is it worth changing my set up from what you've been told?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I had fog scoops but with a tube not with tract (as the one that @flashy attached 2 posts earlier), that with Mugen intake.
Last summer went through a very heavy rain which scared me of hydrolock, that's why I put back the oem resonator with it's tract and kept the fog scoops just for design and not to break the fog lights again.
I didn't feel any differences between the two setups and certainly no power lose. The intake temp was the same, so at the end don't think you'll see any improvments between the tract and that improvised tube. In fact I don't think it's worth the mod itself at all, nor power and nor sound also. As you see I put back the oem route and everything it's just fine :).

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
You forget about the weight loss Gur ;) plus air flow is obviously going to be less with the obstructive resonator.

·
Enjoying life
8,533 Posts
I've not bothered with scoops, spent about 30 quid and am pleased with my set up. Caf, gold heat wrap and ssmoothed airbox. It's good.

·
4,277 Posts
The scoop and tract is for mid-high end bhp builds (circa 240+).

I lost about 5 bhp at the top as I couldn't get enough air in due to the fog light obstructing the airflow. Unless you're going as far as cams etc this won't be a problem but I expect with cams I'd be losing double that without the fog scoop negating a lot of the money spent.

I attached my dyno plot and you can see the bottleneck right at the top.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Good numbers. I have 190,66 WHP (at the hub) which should be around 225 BHP, with : Mugen intake (with resonator), Tegiwa manifold and custom catback.
As you said maybe for 240+ it worth it, otherwise... don't think you'll feel any gains, or they'll be minimal.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Fair enough, I got the catback over your friend setup and wanted a safe map, not to squeeze every bhp, so that is the power for those mods, more or less.
And let's not forget that all dynos have their differences in showing final output ;).

·
4,277 Posts
Scoop is off... finally :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I'm also interested in Tegiwa intake, without any scoops, together with a Tegiwa manifold with 400 cel sports cat and a custom exhaust, then Hondata. I've read some opinions saying that the Tegiwa intake is even lower in sound than the OEM, but with some certain gains in power. I definitely don't want to have a lower noise than the OEM. I just want the OEM noise a little bit amplified. I guess it should be a good choice, right?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts