2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just a question about an issue i have with the Tegiwa manifold. Got it all fitted, fitted the sensors and going to fit the sensor for my AFR gauge and it doesn't fit, the thread is different. Go to blank it off with the two supplied bolts but they don't fit either.

Here are some pics.

20140913_135111.jpg
20140913_135657.jpg
20140913_135822.jpg

So here is my issue, since nothing i have fits in this hole, i now have a hole in my exhaust system. What is this boss designed for and why wasn't a bolt supplied to blank it?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
everyone who fitted a tegiwa manifold probably had this problem, the brass bung you had in your hand will pop out even if it fits, get a stainless steel one from tegiwa or weld this one in, lots of threads on the forum about this too.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everyone who fitted a tegiwa manifold probably had this problem, the brass bung you had in your hand will pop out even if it fits, get a stainless steel one from tegiwa or weld this one in, lots of threads on the forum about this too.
the thread is different mate, the supplied bung won't fit. fits the other two perfectly, however, as you can see, they are being used :)

has someone cocked up here and welded the wrong boss to my manifold? Tegiwa, some answers please :D

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I'm sure the brass bolt fitted mine fine and was the same size as the primary sensor boss. Like others said, I fitted a steel bung the same size. I know the other sensor had a smaller thread so maybe they supplied the wrong bung

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Tarmacadam Terror
5,666 Posts
One of the boss in mine the thread wasn't cut properly, caused a bit of a headache, I had to get it tapped.

sent from the boss droid

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
For the price of the manifold, you shouldn't be having issues with it.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only came with 2 bungs, and the middle one open. It is not something i thought to check when i got it "hmm better make sure no one screwed up by putting the wrong boss on"

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
So the 2 bungs you got should be different sizes (as the secondary sensor boss is smaller). So you're saying neither bung fits the spare boss? The spare should be the same size as the primary boss.

I had 2 brass bung supplied with mine, both the larger size & fitted the first 2 holes fine

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the 2 bungs you got should be different sizes (as the secondary sensor boss is smaller). So you're saying neither bung fits the spare boss? The spare should be the same size as the primary boss.

I had 2 brass bung supplied with mine, both the larger size & fitted the first 2 holes fine

no...

see the 3 bosses? we will call them 1, 2 and 3. left middle and right. 1 and 3 came with bungs. that is why 1 and 3 have sensors in them, because they fit. number 2 had no bung and is threaded with some tiny ass thread that nothing in the garage fits.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Hi, this is the first we've heard of threads on these not being correct, RevMonkey did you contact us about this? All 3 holes should be the same thread, the same as the O2 sensors

Please PM us your address so we can arrange an exchange for you

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience caused

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to John from TI for sorting this so quickly. Excellent customer service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts