2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys! I am looking to improve my FN2's performance by purchasing a manifold. Please help me to decide well taking in consideration the price/quality (best balance) aspect! has anyone fit this part or do you have better suggestions? maybe you know some good sh manifolds at a good price?!:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
A manifold is one of the best mods you can buy in my opinion. Not tried the tegiwa on my fn2 but i believe they make good power and are excellent value.

I currently have a CPL manifold which is great too but am swapping for a toda shortly...

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
^^ don't listen to Ben, he's a snob with his Toda!! :p (JEALOUS lol)

On a serious note the Tegiwa is a good manifold and will give you the performance/cost that you are looking for, it's based on the Toda but the design isn't quite as perfect, there's a small indentation where the header goes from 2-1 which will cause slight restriction but for the money you really can't argue, gain/£ it's probably the best on the market :)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
^^ don't listen to Ben, he's a snob with his Toda!! :p (JEALOUS lol)

On a serious note the Tegiwa is a good manifold and will give you the performance/cost that you are looking for, it's based on the Toda but the design isn't quite as perfect, there's a small indentation where the header goes from 2-1 which will cause slight restriction but for the money you really can't argue, gain/£ it's probably the best on the market :)
HAHA :lol:

I started off by saying how good the tegiwa is! :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I understand the fact that TODA is the best but is twice the price of Tegiwa, plus the shipping costs to my country.
CPL manifold would be a solution but I have seen it and heard it along with invidia cat back and it sounds real loud. Comparing to CPL, Tegiwa I heard is more decent from this point of view or I am making a mistake thinking that?:) (I have the exhaust from Miltek on my car)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
The cpl is great... Isn't it Ben haha!
Haha yes it is great! :D

To be honest I didnt think it was much louder than standard when I fitted it with the OEM catback.

I think the invidia will have been the major contributor to the loudness in that set up. I dont think the tegiwa will be any quieter at all than the CPL manifold.

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
No race manifold is quiet to be honest.

Get the Tegiwa, it is a great bit of kit. It has brought my build on leaps and bounds! ;)

No mention of Flashpro? You'll need to get a race manifold custom tuned to get any gains and keep the fueling safe. :thumbsup:

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
Get the Tegiwa, it is a great bit of kit.
agreed, probably the best mod ive added to the car, and one of the cheapest at the same time. with a decent catback your adding a fair whack of power and sound if you like that kinda thing ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No race manifold is quiet to be honest.

Get the Tegiwa, it is a great bit of kit. It has brought my build on leaps and bounds! ;)

No mention of Flashpro? You'll need to get a race manifold custom tuned to get any gains and keep the fueling safe. :thumbsup:
My plan is also to buy a Hondata Flashpro but unfortunatelly I don't know where I am going to set it up :( I do not think by setting the default group n map would be enough for gaining more power....can you tell me what do you mean by saying "keep the fueling safe" Is there any risk I am going to have to handle by setting up a manifold on my car?

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
My plan is also to buy a Hondata Flashpro but unfortunatelly I don't know where I am going to set it up :( I do not think by setting the default group n map would be enough for gaining more power....can you tell me what do you mean by saying "keep the fueling safe" Is there any risk I am going to have to handle by setting up a manifold on my car?
If you just put any race manifold on the car without getting it custom tuned it can cause issues. The check engine light will almost certainly come on due to the O2 sensor that would be after the cat getting what it thinks are odd readings as there will be no cat in place. You can get O2 simulators but they have varying levels of success and invariably the light will come on eventually.

The main issue is the stock ECU will no be able to compensate the fuelling with the change in the dynamics of the engine due to the freer flowing exhaust manifold. This more often than not means the fuelling will become 'lean' where there is a disproportionally low amount of fuel in the fuel and air mixture going into the cylinders. This is bad news as it can cause knock. Engine knocking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simply put if you run a race manifold it is always best to get a custom tune for the car, and with FN2s that is predominantly done using Flashpro and done by a tuner. The tuner can set the fueling correctly for the mods, turn off the reader for the O2 sensor so the engine light will not come on, and tune the cam angles and ignition settings etc.

There are tuners in the commercial section on here where you take your car to them and over the course of your visit will tune your car 'Live' on a dyno based on what they see on the Flashpro and the tractive effort they see if producing on the dyno. The main ones being TDi and CPL. I personally use TDi-North.

You can always use an E-Tuner who tend to be cheaper and who will email you a map to upload based on datalogs that you take from the Flashpro and email to them, usually over a number of revisions to get to a reasonable state of tune.

There are various threads in the Type R section and the Flashpro section around dyno vs remote tuning. I'll not comment and let you make your own mind up on which you prefer.

Either way, I would always advise that you get a custom tune rather than the generic GroupN map, especially if you are looking at a race manifold. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Your best bet for a custom tune (taking your location into consideration) Is an e-tune (online tune).

I agree with Loxy when he says you NEED a tune for the manifold but not really on his suggestions as a tuner... (obviously didnt see your location=) ).

If you want to find out more information on e-tunes... send me a PM and I will push you in the right direction and get you speaking to the right people.

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
Your best bet for a custom tune (taking your location into consideration) Is an e-tune (online tune).

I agree with Loxy when he says you NEED a tune for the manifold but not really on his suggestions as a tuner... (obviously didnt see your location=) ).

If you want to find out more information on e-tunes... send me a PM and I will push you in the right direction and get you speaking to the right people.
You've driven from Germany and I'm sure the is someone who has been over from Belgium. It's not much of a stretch but yes I hadn't seen the location.

Each to their own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big thanks for your honest opinios guys especialy Loxy who got me scared by telling me that I could "f... up" my engine :))))))) I think I'll have my Flashpro ordered at this time also. It would be great for me to pay a visit to TDI North / South or even CPL Racing all the way from Romania but that costs a lot more than the total of manifold + Hondata. It would be great though if I can reach England next year in june. So, by that time I will try an e-tune so, ONWEED you will be hearing from me :) By the way, in Deutschland don't you have competent Honda tuners? :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Whilst they don't do Honda I know Revotechnik are well respected in Romania like here. Maybe they know a 'Honda' near you.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
By the way, in Deutschland don't you have competent Honda tuners? :)
To be completely honest I have never looked into flashpro tuners in germany so couldnt really comment. From what I have heard though there are a few that tune flashpro but never read into reviews on them.

Going to a massive motorshow on sunday... maybe I'll find something out :D

·
Banned
42 Posts
buy cheap,possible buy twice. cpl or toda all the way and plus then u give some money to the people who actually do R&D on modifications and not someone who buys a proven manifold and makes it for less and knocks it out cheaper, in the long run that hurts the ones who put the effort in if everyone bought those. just my ten cence... and experience in buying "bargains." havent had the teg though before anyone with it says how good it is it could well be just that..

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
buy cheap,possible buy twice. cpl or toda all the way and plus then u give some money to the people who actually do R&D on modifications and not someone who buys a proven manifold and makes it for less and knocks it out cheaper, in the long run that hurts the ones who put the effort in if everyone bought those. just my ten cence... and experience in buying "bargains." havent had the teg though before anyone with it says how good it is it could well be just that..
Over 400 TEGIWA Headers sold now over the past two years between B & K series. And no failures. Go figure...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts