2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, had a search but can't find any real comments from those who have the actual Tegiwa shifter and not the ebay speacial.

Whats your thoughts on the Tegiwa and have you come across an problems with it?

Cheers
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, saw he had one for sale a while back but couldn't see any comments of what people think of them.

Cheers flashy

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
I think they're good as you don't have to chop the oem plastics to fit it, like you do with some (like I did). Throw is definitely improved, I'd recommend it but with no experience of it.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
It's OOOKKKKKKK I guess.

The throw is spot on as it's not as aggressive as the eBay ones which I find to be way too short. However the quality is not worth the price unless you buy secondhand.

Mine was dirty and full of pubes when I received it, missing the blue cap and the joints were dry. VERY poor quality considering how much I paid so I had to service it on top of paying full price for it.

I was also spoilt by the Mugen which is stiff, tight and precise but it's just missing the throw length of the Tegiwa. For my money I'd get a Mugen and worst case add one of Butler's less aggressive adaptors if he's still doing them.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, thanks. very disturbing review there :-/

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Butler's on here was very good. You will have to dremel some bits off the oem shifter plastic though.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Butler's on here was very good. You will have to dremel some bits off the oem shifter plastic though.
Cheers, I'll bar that in mind but was hoping not to have to do too much faffing around and just get a bolt on swap. will go a scare myself by looking at the Mugen one :surprise:

·
4,279 Posts
Pubes? :rofl:
Not even joking, the thing was f**king rank when I got it. Seeing as there was hardly any grease on the joints either I jet washed it and reapplied new grease myself.

RHDJapan is your best bet for a Mugen mate. Usually about £170-175 delivered with duty but not sure what the exchange is like at the mo.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Not even joking, the thing was f**king rank when I got it. Seeing as there was hardly any grease on the joints either I jet washed it and reapplied new grease myself.

RHDJapan is your best bet for a Mugen mate. Usually about £170-175 delivered with duty but not sure what the exchange is like at the mo.
£226 from TDI, I think the conversion for RHD is 207 if mcalc is right and not 2074.53 British Pound that google converted too :surprise:

Ingnore that ^^^^ £121 from RHD :smile3:

Cheers Guys

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is done >:)

·
4,279 Posts
MUCH better piece of kit that I bought two as I regretted selling my previous one :lol:

£122 from RHD, plus postage and payment fees should be around £135ish then duty is about £30-35 if it's picked up by customs.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MUCH better piece of kit that I bought two as I regretted selling my previous one :lol:

£122 from RHD, plus postage and payment fees should be around £135ish then duty is about £30-35 if it's picked up by customs.
Came to £165.00 in total inc DHL delivery being £27 + other

Thanks for the advice

·
4,279 Posts
They charge duty inc postage these days so I always choose snail mail to keep costs down.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They charge duty inc postage these days so I always choose snail mail to keep costs down.
Will bare that in mind for next time although I didn’t see snail mail option as they were 26 quid or up options.

Still saved 60 notes.
Yup, good saving although now I’ve seen other things I like >:)

Thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Arrived today, had to pay another £23 import duty so came in at £188 total as apposed to a UK supplier with postage at £236. So a £50 saved for Mugen version.
Will hopefully get it fitted the weekend unless temps are too cold to work on the car.

Thanks for your advice guys

Attachments

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Arrived today, had to pay another £23 import duty so came in at £188 total as apposed to a UK supplier with postage at £236. So a £50 saved for Mugen version.
Will hopefully get it fitted the weekend unless temps are too cold to work on the car.

Thanks for your advice guys ��
really nice piece of kit,not a massive reduction in throw,but for me,iv found its a true bolt-action feel,and is rock solid...ill selll when i eventually sell the FN up but untill then,its 100% a keeper,dont think youll be dissapointed,i drove a friends FN with an OEM shifter last week,and boy did that feel flat n sloopy LOL...nice one mate:wink3:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts