2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
really nice piece of kit,not a massive reduction in throw,but for me,iv found its a true bolt-action feel,and is rock solid...ill selll when i eventually sell the FN up but untill then,its 100% a keeper,dont think youll be dissapointed,i drove a friends FN with an OEM shifter last week,and boy did that feel flat n sloopy LOL...nice one mate:wink3:
Nice one, good to know. Cheers.

As above. The shifter is like a rifle bolt and super precise.

Reactions: Bones126
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Discussion starter · #25 ·
An hour I reckon
Nice one, I'm quite well rehearsed at getting the center console out know so it will be just knowing how to undo the clips that hold the cables in place and to the shifter.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Did it come with a tool to get the cables off the ball at the bottom of the shifter?
No, looking at the instructions they are held on with springs which need to be separated and then you pull the cap that's attached to the cable off the blue ball joint plastic bit. I'll suss it, just not that good at reading Japanese lol

Discussion starter · #29 ·
That blue cap is made of kryptonite :laugh2: good luck. Be careful but a set of pliers and a hammer may be required, and gently used to pop it off
lol, I'm not sure they need to come off. Looks like they have a cap that goes of it which is connected to the cable. I think with the short shifter ebay job yoou have to remove the blue cap to add the extension ball joint to get the action.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
As flashy said, about an hour as blue clips don't have to come off. The linkage lock clips however... good luck :lol:

Discussion starter · #33 ·
As flashy said, about an hour as blue clips don't have to come off. The linkage lock clips however... good luck :lol:
Thanks, had a few searches today and think I know what to expect but sussing it out is another thing :-/

It's easy once the dash is stripped. It's just the initial crack once you unlock them

Discussion starter · #35 ·
The crack will be my fingers if I try and do it this weather :-/ it's going to be a torment not being able to get out there and do it!

Cheers
Dave

I did my brakes the other day and couldn't feel my fingers, at least you can just chuck your heating on ;)

Discussion starter · #37 ·
I did my brakes the other day and couldn't feel my fingers, at least you can just chuck your heating on ;)
Rather you than me, I think I've had my days of messing with metal in freezing conditions. Fair play though.

To be fair it was that or no brakes at all :lol:

Discussion starter · #39 ·
To be fair it was that or no brakes at all :lol:
Argh, They do come in handy lol, that's the only time id be messing this weather, had to fix a leak on the rad of our FRV the Tuesday night and half froze to death. Thank god for Metal steel stick repair (It's a handy bit of kit to have in your tool box for track/race days).

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.