2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done a search but cant really find anyone who has commented on the Tegiwa short shifter.

Just wondering if anyone has it fitted and what they think of it?

TEGIWA SHORT SHIFTER KIT HONDA CIVIC TYPE R FN2

With £40 refund when you return you OEM shifter only makes it £95, half the price of a TDI shifter.

Any feedback/thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I have the one off of e-bay, I really like it now it is installed, the shifts feel fantastic, its just the fileing you have to do.....you have to do alot of it...more than I expected!!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
not really, everyone that has bought one has loved it... as long as its installed correctly so may need some fine tuning.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Am i not right in thinking that the £20 one of ebay is just the shifter extension to shorten the throws where as the tegiwa is a full unit with a shorter stick?

If this is the case have tegiwa sorted the issue with selecting 3rd, 5th and reverse in that you dont have a file a big chunck out?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Am i not right in thinking that the £20 one of ebay is just the shifter extension to shorten the throws where as the tegiwa is a full unit with a shorter stick?

If this is the case have tegiwa sorted the issue with selecting 3rd, 5th and reverse in that you dont have a file a big chunck out?
Ours is a full modified OEM unit...

Longer pivot point
Shorter stick

Everything is filed down ready to just 'plug and play'

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
That's a very nice price for the kit if you don't want to have a go at hacking your own unit.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I went the cheap eBay route and what a total pain in the arse it was was!
Lots of swearing, cut hands and lots of time spent,
It's the filing alone that takes the most effort and time, well worth saving a bit of time and hassle and going for the tegiwa unit

One thing i didn't do however is shorten the length of my stick, does it really make a difference?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts