2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tein are proud to announce the launch of products for the Honda Civic FN2 Euro Type R model.

We expect arrival with our stock order, due in September.
We will have S-Tech springs, SuperStreet (M) and Flex damper in for this car.

S-Tech springs, part number SKHA2-S1B00
They lower the car by front -15mm and rear -20mm
List price is £190.00 + vat
The intended use is for street use, in connection with the OEM damper.

SuperStreet with mounts is QSHA2-BVAS1
Lowering Front -30mm and Rear -30mm
List price £900.00 + vat
This is a complete coilover system that allows for ride height adjustment (height and pre-load together), damping adjustment (bump and rebound together), and camber adjustment to the front.
The rear has a height adjust system (HAS) where the separate rear coil spring can be adjusted on a separate platform.
A system perfect for the daily driving customer who might want to use the car occasionally on track.

Flex DSHA2-61SS1 is the next step up from SuperStreet (M) and incorporates full length height adjustable damper, springs and top mounts (front only).
The design is also twin tube, which is better suited to the all round usage Flex has been adapted for. Excellent for daily driven vehicles used by experienced drivers of tuned cars also seeking occasional thrills on track.
Ride height adjustment range is Front -25mm and Rear -25mm
List price of £1070.00 + vat

:cool:

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
[smilie=666.gif]

·
Registered
997 Posts
Have you got more information about this????

Includes H.A.S.
Ft: Pillow ball upper mount. Rr: w/o Upper Mount. Rr: not full length adjustable. Rr interior service hole cover needs to be removed or modified. (Just like when intalling a rear strut bar????)

[Upon EDFC installation]
Front:
Motor needs to be installed onto shock absorber and checked for proper operation, before installing to the vehicle. (So, the EDFC fits with no problem???? just installing the motors with the suspension out of the vehicle????)
Thanks ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

Can you say how you feel on the Tein Super Street suspension kit (in FN2) when it's set to the maximal damping position?

I mean is it then more comfortable than standard type-r suspension ?

I have a type-r FN2 and I'm looking for a solution how to make it "softer" (more comfortable), but just temporary while giving it to my wife or driving with the family.

Super Street with EDFC makes it possible to convert fast from "hot" to "hatch" and back but will it make my type-r more comfortable at "16" position or would it be as stock type-r on "16" and than only less comfortable by going to "0"

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Difficault to say how it feels seens as its not September and they aren't available yet!:D

Normally the coilovers settings take the car from pretty much stock to dead hard and everything in between.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Difficault to say how it feels seens as its not September and they aren't available yet!:D
thanks tdi-north
...and how was it in EP3 and Super Street? do you have any feedback?
Normally the coilovers settings take the car from pretty much stock to dead hard and everything in between.
that's what I'm afraid of :( ... that I'll go in the opposite direction I wanted. You meant stock type-r not Type-S or standard?

Maybe you have any other suggestions to solve my problem?

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have fitted many Tein products over the years and in the majority of cases the customers have been very happy. I used to Run Tein superstreets on my EP3 and it was great on road and when stiffened up was good on track.
I have Tein on my GTR and am very happy with that as well.

Your problem isnt uncommon with many complaints about the harsh ride and a simple set of progressive springs is probably what you need rather than coilovers.

·
I-VTEC everyday ;)
562 Posts
A question about the lowering springs, are they progressive or linear? cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
hi paul are you going to fit all these tein products and give pictures and reviews of each? i am very interested. ;)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Have you got more information about this????

Includes H.A.S.
Ft: Pillow ball upper mount. Rr: w/o Upper Mount. Rr: not full length adjustable. Rr interior service hole cover needs to be removed or modified. (Just like when intalling a rear strut bar????)

[Upon EDFC installation]
Front:
Motor needs to be installed onto shock absorber and checked for proper operation, before installing to the vehicle. (So, the EDFC fits with no problem???? just installing the motors with the suspension out of the vehicle????)

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The motors are normally wider than the top of the strut especially the rears so need to be installed once fitted. Easy enough to do. Imagine the trimming is because it is bit wider than OEM.
Not seem them yet so not 100%.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts