2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the built in Satnav system, you can enter telephone numbers for your favourite destinations. I think that some of the POI also have telephone numbers listed.
I then presumed that you could use the HFT kit that was also part of the option pack to call these numbers. I have RTM but I am unable to find any way of using these numbers with the HFT kit.
Any ideas, or can't it be done.
Cheers

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Help!!!!! :(

Does anybody know this.
Trying to enter the phone numbers via the telephone phone book is driving me batty. When you say 'Enter' after saying the number, the car replies 8*. I have managed to get ONE number in so far.
Please, for the sake of a fellow Civic drivers sanity.

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
I don't say 'enter', i let the car work out when im finished, worked well so far! In terms of the HFT and listed phone numbers i don't think that works, the HFT can be fitted seperately so does not have integration with the NAV system. I mean its a good idea but i just don't think it works!

·
您看了
456 Posts
I don't say 'enter', i let the car work out when im finished, worked well so far! In terms of the HFT and listed phone numbers i don't think that works, the HFT can be fitted seperately so does not have integration with the NAV system. I mean its a good idea but i just don't think it works!
Nail on the head :)

The HFT is just that, a bluetooth Hands Free Telephone system, it has nothing to do with the Satnav and has no link to it whatsoever. shame, but not too bad, it is quite simple to add numbers into the HFT, just do it with the engine off so she can hear you clearer.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. A missed opportunity from Honda I think.

I must admit I tried not saying 'enter' after I had said the number. I obviously got bored waiting before the car did. I think I need a little more patience.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
if you having problem with the hft or voice commands try changing the mic level worked for me and others.

·
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I realised that when I said 'enter', I said it with a very very slight pause between the 'en' and the 'ter'. The car thought I was saying two words.
Once I had realised that, and said the word quicker, it worked like a treat.

The car is training me well!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's called 'heuristic computing', except the computer's supposed to learn from you, not the other way around! One day....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts