2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have bought a 2008 civic type s, my temperature gauge goes up 3/4 of the way up and comes down again back to normal, any ideas? it happened three times mostly when the car was cold.

i started the car and the heater was unusually cold, my partner was driving the car 2hours before hand so i thought the heater will be a little warm, it wasnt!!! then i started to drive it and the temperature gauge went just above 3/4 of the way up and then came back down to normal, when it came back down the car heater was warm. please help

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the old days when this happened it was usually the thermostat not operating at the right temperature,maybe staying closed for too long ,then when opening the hot water goes round the system and hence the gauge drops registering the water flow.this might help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you,

thats what i was thinking, either that or some sort of sensor. i just got the radiator changed, it did it 3 times since i had it but it drives fine. the heater was cold while it happened and soon as the temperature gauge went back to normal the car heated up and everything was fine. not sure what to think of it really. im going to get it checked in the morning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you

took it to my local garage, found out it was the thermostat giving out wrong readings, getting it replaced as i write this. was getting worried, just literally bought the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.