2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.

I've decided today that I think I need a semi-permanent / temporary seat cover for my new Type R. I was thinking of the sort of waterproof Snap On / Sparco type ones that you see going about. It's just to stop my seat getting wet or manky at work (building site). Looks to be a load of choice but reading the adverts etc. they all seem like they might not be suitable for sports seats. Ideally I want one that I can just throw on or take off quite quickly but that fits well enough that it's not going to be a pain in the ass driving for an hour maybe with it fitted.

Any ideas which would be best? I've seen the Sparco ones or Mugen / Type R branded ones but I'm not sure how well they'll fit. Are the Sparco ones any good? I want one kinda subtle if possible (I don't ask much do I?!) :)

Thanks for any help on this one.

Cheers,

Andy

·
Never tap!
792 Posts
Any pics?

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
BTW are those covers safe to use with the seats airbags? If not you'll have problems in an accident.

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Get yourself down to your friendly Honda Dealer.
If it's only for covering up the seat, going to and from work, I'm sure they will be happy to give you a few of their thin polythene seat protectors, which they use when the cars in for a service or whatever.

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like I'm in the same kinda boat. It'll only get used on day like today (pishing rain). I'll give that a bash, thanks mate. Is it easy to get on and off quickly?

:)

Andy

·
Banned
365 Posts
Sounds like I'm in the same kinda boat. It'll only get used on day like today (pishing rain). I'll give that a bash, thanks mate. Is it easy to get on and off quickly?

:)

Andy
Yeah, just pulls over the backrest and around the bottom, all elastic round the edges, it also zips up up the back but I don't think it'd matter if you left it unzipped.

I'll try and take some pics tomorrow and post them.

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man. I think I'll order one of those, it sounds spot on for what I'm after.

Cheers.

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts