2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have had a look around so please dont flame me for asking this.

Last night all of a sudden on my way home I heard a thud noise coming from the rear passenger side, sounded like around the petrol flap area. I pulled over to have a look and couldnt see anything.

Carried on and heard it again and it seemed to be when I was turning right and nothing to do with bumps in the road. When I got home I rocked the car back and forth and up and down and didnt hear a thing, checked all trim, petrol cap, boot, everything and nothing amiss.

This morning on way to work I heard it again when I was slow moving turning right into the supermarket car park.

It doesnt sound metal on metal, I have read about the top mount issue but going over speed bumps and potholes (I aimed for them after the first thud) doesnt make that noise.

Any ideas?

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Have you got a tennis ball in the boot? :D

Sorry :)

Have you checked seatbelts, wheels ok?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seat belts are all fine bud. I have asked my mechanic who worked for Honda for 8 years and knows the 8th gen inside out to have a look for me. Hopefully its a simple and cheap fix.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So my mechanic is going to have a look next week, he said that there was a recall on the 8th gen pre-08 for the rear suspension but looking on the database mine was never recalled, is there any way for me to get this back into honda without having to pay after all this time.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
have you looked to make sure the tool wallet and jack are secure in the side compartment ?

obvious i know but just putting it out there

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've uploaded a video to YouTube of the noise. It's right at the end so bear with it.

Mechanic has made a suggestion. I will let you guys see what you think.

The noise has weirdly made its way from back to front along the passenger side rear arch area to door area now front wheel area.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Have you had any heavy rain recently? I had a door panel full of water on a previous mk8 civic, the drain hole at the bottom of the door had blocked. Clunking noises. Can you feel the knocking? Have you checked the mounts?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would agree normally mate but there is no noise at all over bumps or potholes

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I would agree normally mate but there is no noise at all over bumps or potholes
Wouldn't necessarily knock on bumps if the spring is wedged against the strut, but on turning could shift it slightly, just im my experience anyways.

Wouldnt take long to check under your arches to see them,

Noises are a pain as you think you know where they come from but alot of the time its somewhere nowhere near it.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well my mechanic suggested exhaust knocking seeing as though it has moved from rear passenger arch to front passenger wheel, problem is with the undertrays I couldnt get under their to see if its loose or not, hes going to get it up on the ramps early next week to have a proper look and see whats what.

Been looking online and if it is a broken spring then I may as well upgrade to Eibach cost wise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts