2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
more torque than the mrs
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently with tesco bank and i have put a claim in as my other half smashed the front end in,i said i want to use a repair centre i have found they said fine but tesco bank said they won't give me a cover note for the courtesy car they supply because its not their authorised repairer wish i'd known about this insurer they are a waste of space.i now have no choice but to use their recommended repairer bodykraft, the garage i want to use wont give me a car without the cover note:mad:

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I had a totally different experience - had to claim as I drove into a parked car. They suggested a body shop but I wanted to go elsewhere, someone came out to assess the damage and they agreed within a week and I had a courtesy car sorted too.

Just don't take no for an answer!

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
That's not just a Tesco thing. Most insurers use recommended repairers which give a courtesy car & guarantee the repairs.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Really!!

Tesco insurance will not insure a courtesy car from your repairer - that's pants :(

·
more torque than the mrs
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can insure it off your policy?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
that's what i tried to do they said they won't cover me on any other vehicle as i don't own it, never known this from any insurer, i have used my own bodyshop in the past with esure all i had to pay was the admin fee.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,859 Posts
That's not just a Tesco thing. Most insurers use recommended repairers which give a courtesy car & guarantee the repairs.
+1 ...and that's normally made clear in the policy documents.

But I'd prefer to use a repairer of my choice!

·
Super Moderator
21,003 Posts
If I ever needed it my car would go to a Honda bodyshop.

I've heard so many horror stories about these 'approved' shops doing cheap shoddy work to appease the insurance companies.

Quite a few have been posted here.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,859 Posts
If I ever needed it my car would go to a Honda bodyshop.

I've heard so many horror stories about these 'approved' shops doing cheap shoddy work to appease the insurance companies.

Quite a few have been posted here.
+1
The LV approved repairer messed up my wife's MR2 roadster so badly it eventually had to be sorted out at LVs expense by a Toyota garage. But we got 500 quid compensation from LV for the extended loss of the vehicle.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I took mine to Honda also, after rejecting Tesco's "approved" insurer. They had good reviews but I just wasn't in a place where I was willing to risk it.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would of used honda if they had done a good job on the black civic i had it went back 4 times and it still wasn't right i got rid of the car in the end couldn't be bothered keep taking it back and vowed never to use them again.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts