2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
more torque than the mrs
6,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car 2.2 type s gt 6yrs protected no claims,my insurance is up this month so i went on go compare cheapest i found was quote me happy underwriter is aviva £585 with £50 excess almost £300 cheaper than any other quotes i was getting thats with me having
1 fault claim,1 non fault and 1 sp30 so i phoned my current provider thinking it will be cheaper who is tesco they said my renewal will be £834(scream lol) i said found one cheaper send me my proof of no claims he said hold on i'll see what i can do he asked for the quote i'd been given i said £585 with 50 excess he then said i'll ring you back which he did with £573 and zero excess don't think i'll beat that, insurance is a joke they must get figures out of thin air.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
+1, I'm with Tesco at the moment and my renewal is in december so will remember to tell them I'm leaving found a cheaper quote when they increase the premium.

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
You have to do your homework every year.

Don't they realise that with the web it's now so easy to shop around ?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
You have to do your homework every year.

Don't they realise that with the web it's now so easy to shop around ?
I guess some people still don't and just pay the increased premiums. More fool them.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
car 2.2 type s gt 6yrs protected no claims,my insurance is up this month so i went on go compare cheapest i found was quote me happy underwriter is aviva £585 with £50 excess almost £300 cheaper than any other quotes i was getting thats with me having
1 fault claim,1 non fault and 1 sp30 so i phoned my current provider thinking it will be cheaper who is tesco they said my renewal will be £834(scream lol) i said found one cheaper send me my proof of no claims he said hold on i'll see what i can do he asked for the quote i'd been given i said £585 with 50 excess he then said i'll ring you back which he did with £573 and zero excess don't think i'll beat that, insurance is a joke they must get figures out of thin air.
Every little helps

Sorry couldn't resist

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I had a quote yesterday from tesco. Im 26 with 10 years no claims and my missus has 8 years no claims. I have an SP30. Our quote was £3330!!!
Where the hell do they get this sort of figure from?

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I had a quote yesterday from tesco. Im 26 with 10 years no claims and my missus has 8 years no claims. I have an SP30. Our quote was £3330!!!
Where the hell do they get this sort of figure from?
probably the same place where you got the 10 years no claims - you can only hold a driving license from the age of 17 which would mean you can have a maximum of 9 years no claims if you are 26 now ;)

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
its those bonus policies with admiral pal. If i change insurance companies, i have to send the proof over to the new provider to prove i have the 10 years because of those bonus policies you can have with admiral.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
its those bonus policies with admiral pal. If i change insurance companies, i have to send the proof over to the new provider to prove i have the 10 years because of those bonus policies you can have with admiral.
OK My bad!! - so after 8.5 years you can have 10 years NCD - excellent - stick with admiral :)

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Lol. Yeah it will be 10 years when it runs out at the start of next month. It was one of those 10 month bonus accelerators that i had for ages with them to build it up quicker. I still cant get any less than about £650ish with any company. Will have to see what Admiral quote on the renewal later this week or next.

·
*Lisa* Alabaster Princess
1,750 Posts
Had bad experiences with Tesco insurance and would never go with them again no matter how cheap they are. Absolutely awful customer service and their legal team are quite frankly a joke. I had an accident a few years ago where a DHL lorry crushed the side of my car because he didn't check his mirrors. There were witnesses and CCTV that proved his guilt and my innocence. Tesco said they didn't have enough proof so they weren't going to pursue it and it went 50/50! I wish I knew who DHL are covered by; I want insurance with them!

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Had bad experiences with Tesco insurance and would never go with them again no matter how cheap they are. Absolutely awful customer service and their legal team are quite frankly a joke. I had an accident a few years ago where a DHL lorry crushed the side of my car because he didn't check his mirrors. There were witnesses and CCTV that proved his guilt and my innocence. Tesco said they didn't have enough proof so they weren't going to pursue it and it went 50/50! I wish I knew who DHL are covered by; I want insurance with them!
So I guess the DHL guy or company did not admit liability ?

I had a similar situation with a London red bus, hit my front corner without looking at his mirrors. Did not admit it, but when reviewed by company with their on board camera, accepted their fault and my car was repaired straight away. Did not even need to notify my own insurance company.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was with tesco once.. I sacked them though because their crap renewals. Got a renewal quote from admiral for 58 quid a month i searched about and got it to 27 a month from elephant.. (their both the same company) SO out came the guns and Admiral said sorry it was a computer error after confirming it was 58 quid.. They dropped it to 27 quid a month. Not bad for civic type s 2.2 and 11years ncb. :) shop about and find out if your getting varied quotes from the same company.

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
What makes me chuckle is the quoted say "protected 60% NCD"

If you have an accident then you keep your 60%

Yes, but, 60% of £1000 is considerably less than 60% of £3000 after the accident = watch the small print !!!

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
I do the shopping around thing religiously each year. Last year Tesco were the cheapest for me.

Renewal just come through. As near as damn it the same as last year. Have just done my shopping around (Meercats, Go Compare, Sainsburys, Direct Line etc etc) and for the first time in a long long time it's going to be cheaper to stick with Tesco.

As most posters will be younger than me, this might not be relevant but I got a quote from Saga (I qualify on age grounds!) and it was £150 more than Tesco!:mad:

So sticking with Tesco this year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts