2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ive booked a test drive for the new 2.4 Accord in a couple of days while my CTR has some work done
The dealer recommended I test drive the Auto gear box with the paddles
Im not sure.....
Any advice?

·
Registered
29 Posts
The auto in Accord is very lethargic, it will put you off is you want a spirited drive. The dealer will recommend you test drive the auto, as forecourts across the country have auto accords gathering dust. Just ask them if they can you offer you manual they will start to scratch their heads..lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
The auto box is set up for economy so will never set the world on fire....

The paddles let you force a gear change when you want it, or select sequential mode when the mood suits & the car is a lot more lively.... I like it.... especially when stuck in stop/go traffic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
With DBW throttle bodies the inherent flaw of a the 3 second lag to deal with and the autobox in the 8th gen makes it more like 4.5 seconds, as pointed out the auto box is tuned for economy, the only saving grace for is it has a lower emission compared with the manual albeit a few grams.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just had my 2.4 auto test drive
Good:
luxurious, quiet, full of gadgets, peaceful environment

Bad:
paddles didn't seem effective, it makes noise when u kick down but no where near the type R grunt

overall dissapointed

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
The Accord looks a very large car compared to the tighter lines of the Civic.Maybe as an 'outsider' that 2.4 motor might just swing a decision for me to buy when time's right to move on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts