2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, me and my dad are taking out a honda civic type R this saturday for 4 hours.

Seeing as we only have it for a little while, has anyone got any tips for us to get the most out of our ride as possible?

We have heard if you get it over 5000 revvs, it goes crazy, is this true and is it a good idea to give it a try? :D

When its over 5000 revvs, thats called the v-tec zone, right?

i cant wait untill saturday!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys!

·
Registered
184 Posts
The ride is firm, so take it down a bumpy road with speed humps.

Trying the v-tec is a good idea as the car has a bit of aSchizophrenic personality. Its nippy below 5500 revs, but extreemly rapid once the sports cam comes in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

oh right thanks! hehe, speed bumps! i hate them, always there when you least expect them.

we will probly take it for a few blasts down the by-pass then attack the country lanes with it.

ok, so we should head over 5500 revvs then? seeings that it is our only chance to drive one, i think we will have to, woo!!

cheers buddy!:eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Have fun tbh, it's a test drive, give it the stick it demands, I did when I test drove the demo prior to buying mine. Definitely take it over 5500 rpm, all the way to about 8500rpm, cos like Brawnr says, it becomes a totally different engine, just keep an eye on the limiter, as it will hit it in the blink of an eye once you get towards the high end, have has mine since Sept. 1st and the limiter kicks in occasionally as it still occasionally catches me out in 2nd gear.
Let us know how you get on.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Get the Vtec light on, its ano brainer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts