2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my Gen 7 EX, new, from one dealer and had it serviced with them thoughout its history with me.

Bought my Gen 8 EX, again new, from another dealer, had it serviced MOT etc, including the last one, from the Gen 8 supplying dealer.

Read on the site that some guys got Valentine Cards with an offer of £25 M&S vouchers.

Read on this site that guys were offered to test drive the new Gen 9 before Xmas!

I've just received, 2nd class, an invite sent through a mailing company, to test drive the new Civic, supposedly from my Gen 8 dealer.

No brochure, no personal call & no special offers.

They seem to be trying VERY HARD to get my custom for a £26K motor!

If they don't care too much before I've bought one!!!

......how are they going to treat me if I do?

Chas H.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Only way to find out is to go mate!

To be fair the dealership where I bought my car I've not heard diddly squat from - and the one now closer to me where I've been in once for a £30 part sent me an offer to test drive before Christmas, and when I did turn up out of the blue took the car out of the showroom for me to drive then and there. Totally down to the individual dealerships.

·
Administrator
21,236 Posts
I get correspondence from both my Honda dealers.

I use one for purchase as they are cheaper and another for servicing as they do a better job.

The M&S vouchers, or MOT discount, is £15.

I did find it amusing after having bought a new car that I got mailed a few months later to upgrade it to a new used Honda :lol:

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Bought my Gen 7 EX, new, from one dealer and had it serviced with them thoughout its history with me.

Bought my Gen 8 EX, again new, from another dealer, had it serviced MOT etc, including the last one, from the Gen 8 supplying dealer.

Read on the site that some guys got Valentine Cards with an offer of £25 M&S vouchers.

Read on this site that guys were offered to test drive the new Gen 9 before Xmas!

I've just received, 2nd class, an invite sent through a mailing company, to test drive the new Civic, supposedly from my Gen 8 dealer.

No brochure, no personal call & no special offers.

They seem to be trying VERY HARD to get my custom for a £26K motor!

If they don't care too much before I've bought one!!!

......how are they going to treat me if I do?

Chas H.
I don't know whether either of the dealers you mention were us but come see uncle Dan for a test drive, might even let you have a cuppa. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts