2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arranged to test drive the Hrv auto on tuesday. Not tried one before but hopefully will be good. Not expecting 'scintillating' performance but if it delivers on the typical urban drive cycle and can keep up with traffic on the open road could be the vehicle for us. Well more accurately for better half-if it manages the above she'll be happy ( very happy with the looks and interior etc)

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Test driven today. Stylish vehicle/loads of room inside. Drives nice and smooth around town. Acceptable on the dual carriageway/motorway. Just have to accept a more layed back driving style but certainly not a deal breaker. Decent (imo) p/x figure on the civic so all good to go when delivered next week (service and 2 new tyres for them to fit ) P.S. Nat west gave me a great personal loan deal i.e. 3.3% APR:)

Reactions: Farqui

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
i test drove a new HRV sport CVT on Saturday, i went looking for a type r, but might end up with an HRV if my Mrs manges to get her way

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Similar thing for us with our new to us hrv non turbo.

No sporting pretensions with this car, but fit for purpose and 16k for a 67 plate se nav auto, pearl white was within our budget.

Half decent price for Civic and 3.4 % apr bank loan helped a bit as well.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Similar thing for us with our new to us hrv non turbo.

No sporting pretensions with this car, but fit for purpose and 16k for a 67 plate se nav auto, pearl white was within our budget.

Half decent price for Civic and 3.4 % apr bank loan helped a bit as well.
i was looking at getting the sport, which has the turbo, but they are still very new and looking at 23000 for the cheapest

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mrs' delighted with the car (her car). Surprised by the 'sporty' lines when up closer to the vehicle compared to some of the others out there (thinkng Kia's, Citreon's, Renault's etc) Nothing garish, just quality (imo !)

Enough power, cvt's ok-very smooth.Economy 6 mpg+ better round town compared to the 8 gen auto previous car. Can only go as fast as the car in front and plenty enough round here. Got the TT for a contrast in performance and bit of novelty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts