2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

just wondered what would happen in this scenario.... you were selling car and insisted on the potential buyer having insurance to cover it, so they come along with a weekends insurance/cover note whatever it required. Now they crash your car or damage it somehow, couldn't they just say nah I'm not claiming and losing my NCD and you're left screwed?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Assume this is for a test drive scenario before the sale is complete?

If selling privately all test drives are done with me in the driver's seat.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
Assume this is for a test drive scenario before the sale is complete?

Agree, but that does not stop them crashing & saying "sod off" i'm not claiming on my policy. Agree that the owner should draft up a document to be signed by potential buyer that if accident damage happens then a resultant claim would be made off his/hers policy.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Agree, but that does not stop them crashing & saying "sod off" i'm not claiming on my policy. Agree that the owner should draft up a document to be signed by potential buyer that if accident damage happens then a resultant claim would be made off his/hers policy.
How are they going to crash when I'm the one driving ;)

I doubt that any document drawn up between you and a buyer would have any legal weight should you have an issue.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,675 Posts
How are they going to crash when I'm the one driving ;)

I doubt that any document drawn up between you and a buyer would have any legal weight should you have an issue.
Assumed at some point the buyer would want to have a little drive.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Assumed at some point the buyer would want to have a little drive.
Ah I see. Well that only happens with me once I've received the full amount paid! Can't say I've had a problem with this approach previously -explain to the buyer and they usually understand. After all, it's a private sale, if they want test drives where they can drive then buy from a dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts