2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove the 1.6 ES yesterday, very impressed. So many less squeaks and rattles than my 2008 2.2 ES.

It feels so much more solid on the road, hard to describe really but I do miss the glass roof, and I'm not forking out for a EX to get it !

Bit pricey though, admittedly I was at a main dealership but doing a bit of research on Parkers, they were asking for nearly £2K more than I should be paying, and they were not going to move on price.

So I walked away....

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
Has the £1,500 Honda contribution now ended ?

When I got mine I got the £1,500, plus another £400(ish) by the dealer, plus I got about £1,000 more in p/x than Parkers were quoting.

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
you have to laugh at dealers that say they wont budge on price, surely they know you can go down the road and get the deal you want?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the garage just called me back, are me letting them know the other deals that are out there, they said they could reach what I want to pay.... :cool:

Now to talk to the missus...

·
Registered
203 Posts
So the garage just called me back, are me letting them know the other deals that are out there, they said they could reach what I want to pay.... :cool:

Happy to quote you a deal on a civic, let me know what your after and some part exchange details.

Delivery is free in mainland UK

If we can be of help let me know.

Michael

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts

Tell them they might be too late as you are off to see your dream car at the right price at the weekend lol

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wrong time, you want end of month or quarter to get a really good deal, if you are in no rush keep in touch with several dealers and make sure they know you WILL buy a car at the right price and they will be in touch if they are close to their target.

Not so much on 2nd hand but still a possibility. Not being patronising but if you are like me man maths takes over when buying a car and I forget about the rules of engagement!

Friend of mine got a 9 month old Octavia Vrs for £12.5k and sold it 3 years later for £10.5k!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wrong time, you want end of month or quarter to get a really good deal, if you are in no rush keep in touch with several dealers and make sure they know you WILL buy a car at the right price and they will be in touch if they are close to their target.

Not so much on 2nd hand but still a possibility. Not being patronising but if you are like me man maths takes over when buying a car and I forget about the rules of engagement!

Friend of mine got a 9 month old Octavia Vrs for £12.5k and sold it 3 years later for £10.5k!
True but we do have monthly targets !!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well a quick update, after spending all morning running around looking at cars, I have secured a really good deal on a 62 plate (Jan 2013) ES with 5,500 on the clock.

Should be able pick it up on Thursday

·
Registered
815 Posts
A black beauty ;)

Success

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I really wasnt looking for a black car (the missus has a black Outlander and it's a sod to keep clean) but this is a REALLY nice car, it looks fantastic.

In particular I really love the wheels (sad I know)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts