2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, I'm glad that I saw this video before ordering a Civic with the driver assistance pack. I wasn't sure if I should order the pack because I thought, there might be a lot of false alarms and that I would end up switching most of the the systems off. Guess I was right...

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
Very honest review, can't argue with any of that including the not so good bits.

Interesting to note the failings of the assistance pack. I wonder how Googles driverless car will deal with these.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Where can we get that blind spot monitoring system? I know the glass bit is easy to take off, what about wiring it?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Very positive review and imagine how much better it would be if it had one of the upcoming 1L or 1.5L turbo petrol engines. Didn't know that the 1.4L petrol was available in the 9G. I'd imagine with that engine the car would struggle to get out of it's own way (no offence intended to 1.4L owners).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Where can we get that blind spot monitoring system? I know the glass bit is easy to take off, what about wiring it?

Honda is always reluctant to bring the optional safety packs (or even the higher end trims) to the Australian market for some reason. If Mazda can do it why not Honda?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Honda is always reluctant to bring the optional safety packs (or even the higher end trims) to the Australian market for some reason. If Mazda can do it why not Honda?

In Australia, Honda will need to offer the Civic with a 2Ltr to compete with the Mazda 3. Potential buyers are not going to spend close to $40K AUD on a well kitted car with 'only' a 1.8 under the bonnet.

The looks are also polarising, rear vision scares off many and if you a bit short you can't see the speedometer (My wife's criticisms)

I love my Civic because it looks sharp, like a coupe, yet its a massivley practical car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts