2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone know how to access the radio aerial in the boot?

Thanks
The antenna module is in the tailgate on the left side of the window (as you face the rear of the car) behind the plastic trim inside. You can just see it if you look between the gap of the trim and tailgate... but to get the side trim off, I think you have to remove the lower (big) trim panel at the base of the the tailgate.

Why, do you think you have a problem?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically i had my car crashed into 2 years ago. when i got the vehicle back from the insurance my Radio didn't work(wouldn't pick up stations). I sent it back to them for it to be fixed and they said it was an internal fault with the radio and it would of been a routine failure (not related to the crash) We all know that is ********. Either way i couldnt afford a new radio at the time so i couldn't disprove them. I argued the toss with them for hours on the phone but they wouldn't budge.

Recently Ive changed the radio and low and behold the radio cant find any radio stations. so now Ive proved the problem is with the aerial not the radio. Which also makes sense as my car got crash into at the rear.

I just need to have a look at it i mean i know its attached to the radio itself but im think it may be damaged to i may need to get a fluke on it. Im guessing its a pain in the ass to replace the line?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly my thoughts but i argued the toss with them and they told me that Honda said it was a problem with the radio. Which is ******** either they were lying or the Honda dealer didn't have a clue!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts