2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just placed an order for a brand new 2.2 EX GT in white. The question I have is I am told the new civics will be able to display text messages (and read them to you) from the i-mid display. Is there any truth to this. My colleague at work has bought the new 2.2 ex crv and I can't seem to find any info on this... Can anyone help?

5 weeks and counting till my new baby arrives.

·
Registered
26 Posts
afaik, only new Accord's i-mid has such functionality

Everything in One Place
The i-MID interfaces with so many of the Accord's systems and communicates it all on one screen. See everything from your current mpg to what's on the radio to incoming text messages[1]. And if you opt for the available navigation system[2], i-MID will show you the way.
http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/i-mid.aspx

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
And the CR-V.... In the US. :-(

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Hi all,

I've just placed an order for a brand new 2.2 EX GT in white. The question I have is I am told the new civics will be able to display text messages (and read them to you) from the i-mid display. Is there any truth to this. My colleague at work has bought the new 2.2 ex crv and I can't seem to find any info on this... Can anyone help?

No such thing with my HTC Desire.... However.... When my wife's HTC Windows phone is connected the in car Bluetooth tells us a txt has arrived and can read it out for you...

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,272 Posts
Hmmm

Unless there some way of replying, handsfree, that could be a recipe for disaster ?

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Hmmm

Unless there some way of replying, handsfree, that could be a recipe for disaster ?
There are videos on YouTube. You can reply with stock phrases. For iPhone there is limited Siri control via the HFT mic. Alas not on my 13MY CR-V

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2013 1.6D EX and text messages do not display, I a HTC One X+ and the "Bluetooth Message Access Service" is on but they do not display :( It may be down to the phone :S

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I have a new 2013 1.6 EX Diesel and text messages are read out loud to me from the cars 'voice'. It does not display the text. It then asks if I want it to repeat or not.

My mobile has the Windows operating system which works with this but it will not read out texts to the wife's iPhone when that is connected.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts