2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a big thank you to LeonMaxim. He helped me to install my K&N 57i Induction Kit today and to be honest he did everything. I would forever be grateful to you buddy. Now to the verdict:

1. The sound from the K&N 57i Induction Kit is amazing. I floored it just to feel the rush and it was unbelievable. You can just feel the engine getting ready to pounce!! :cool:
2. MPG seems to have improved. I wonder why? (I have always had a weird suspicious something was wrong with my engine somewhere cos no matter how careful I am when driving, I get between 280 and 300 from a full tank). Now with the K&N 57i Induction Kit fitted I seem to be averaging close to 400 miles to a tank [smilie=shock.gif]. Maybe LeonMaxim worked some magic somewhere when fixing the K&N 57i Induction Kit? :worms: ;)
3. The car is more responsive and I now feel the full power of the civic.

Thanks again LeonMaxim for your help.

Regards,
M

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Morgan it was a great day... Even though we were both very cold. Thanks for sorting out my wiring. This guy knows a lot about speakers, subs and amps. Morgan has a great set up. Lovely wrapped twitters in carbon. We had fun. He took advantage of our DD and really made it how it should of come out from factory. GREAT SOUND!!http://www.civinfo.com/forum/you/69351-silver-type-s-civic-lv5-w.html#post1115140 It took us about 2 hrs to install, because it was endless chat. joking and more. I took for advantage of his engineering style. (Work - He's an engineer he knew his stuff easy) sorted out my wiring:). I am now not embarrassed to pop the hood. JohnnyRocket too who gave good advise for the air feed and stevey_p7 for doing a very clear example, and great pics.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/61887-k-n-57i-induction-kit-fitted-pics.html

Reactions: Jonnyrocket

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Sounds like busy day for you two! The K&N is THE mod to start off your venture with Civinfo. I'd like to do something with my stereo but its going to be a jungle of wire back there if i put anything else behind there

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Sounds like busy day for you two! The K&N is THE mod to start off your venture with Civinfo. I'd like to do something with my stereo but its going to be a jungle of wire back there if i put anything else behind there
The K&N 57i unit is just lovely, but he next step for the 'OP' should probably be upgrading the brakes and suspension ...

I've also been considering a "Noise Upgrade" (from time to time) ...

But, I'm not going to go 'DD', and I don't want the speakers protruding any more than they already do - yeeppp - it's my "spend a ton of money on modifying your car, in order that it still looks OEM" 'thing :facepalm: ...

Amp-wise, it seems that the 'KT-445' (?) compact unit, fits nicely on top of the ' tunnel' behind the central dash - no clash for space and easy wiring connections - you will need a wiring adaptor as well (seems you sacrfice a Parrot cable) ...

As for speakers \ tweeters, I'm not sure what's all available, but it does seem clear that the existing speaker wiring is more than adequate ...

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Just a big thank you to LeonMaxim. He helped me to install my K&N 57i Induction Kit today and to be honest he did everything. I would forever be grateful to you buddy. Now to the verdict:

1. The sound from the K&N 57i Induction Kit is amazing. I floored it just to feel the rush and it was unbelievable. You can just feel the engine getting ready to pounce!! :cool:
2. MPG seems to have improved. I wonder why? (I have always had a weird suspicious something was wrong with my engine somewhere cos no matter how careful I am when driving, I get between 280 and 300 mpg). Now with the K&N 57i Induction Kit fitted I seem to be averaging close to 400MPG [smilie=shock.gif]. Maybe LeonMaxim worked some magic somewhere when fixing the K&N 57i Induction Kit? :worms: ;)
3. The car is more responsive and I now feel the full power of the civic.

Thanks again LeonMaxim for your help.

Regards,
M
sounds like it has all worked out great buddy :D always good to hear when something makes such a good difference

400 mpg though ?? haha :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Unofficial Trader
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds like it has all worked out great buddy :D always good to hear when something makes such a good difference

400 mpg though ?? haha :p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Oops.....I meant the average I get from a full tank...:police:...:D....lol...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.