2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paid a visit to ABP Motorsport today, would like to thank Rich, Dave and the team for a brill job,

Had the eibach 30mm springs fitted and full FRS and also the eibach 15mm spacers all round, feels so much better to drive and the Rages stand out more and sit better than before, I'm a happy man =)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I had my car set up the exact same way a few weeks ago, and couldn't agree more with you how good ABP were, and how good the car feels.

With out doubt my garage of choice for all future servicing and modding :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, although I think I may consider changing to some 17's the ride is quite bumpy on the 19" Rages

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I'd go 18's, better ride than 19's and look better than 17's ;)

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have a point there :D

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
30mm drop springs and more poke on the wheels makes the stance look awesome!

Lightweight 17's! Save on unsprung weight and gain (some) comfort

18's do look nice, but I don't think my 17's don't look too small

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I quite fancy 17's tbh, think I'm swayed more to gaining a bit more comfort, (keeps the missus happy) ;) at the moment, I feel every bump, hurts when I drive over cracks and small potholes etc

·
2,046 Posts
I quite fancy 17's tbh, think I'm swayed more to gaining a bit more comfort, (keeps the missus happy) ;) at the moment, I feel every bump, hurts when I drive over cracks and small potholes etc
That was partly the reason I got them too! :-D If she is happy then I'm happy having an easy life

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was partly the reason I got them too! :-D If she is happy then I'm happy having an easy life

Haha yeah, she hates me modifying, we agreed at the start when I bought this car that I'd only do 2 things to the car, that's bonnet and induction kit, but somehow I've managed to exceed that and got the springs, spacers, FRS, rain deflectors and soon maybe new alloys =p And I'm still alive! =D

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
30mm drop springs and more poke on the wheels makes the stance look awesome!

Lightweight 17's! Save on unsprung weight and gain (some) comfort

18's do look nice, but I don't think my 17's don't look too small

This car does look good on 17's to be fair, just down to personal preference I suppose.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Looks good. I,m going to be doing the same with mine in the near future. Looking at 25mm spacers at the rear and I'm wondering now if that's going to be too much, as looking at your pic it looks spot on with 15mm spacers.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, i'm totally torn, i really do like the look of the big 19's on the car, sits really well, I think i'm swayed more to keep them on, the drive is fine on smooth roads, but when i go on the odd road thats in really bad shape, feels like the apocolypse! EARTHQUAKE!!! :p well thats a bit exagerated but you get my just lol :D

·
2,046 Posts
Have you had to replace tyres on all four 19's at once?

^that's when I decided to get 17's :-D

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you had to replace tyres on all four 19's at once?

^that's when I decided to get 17's :-D

no i've just changed the front 2 today, the rears were brand new when i bought the car a month ago, got budget tyres for now £70 a piece =)

·
2,046 Posts
no i've just changed the front 2 today, the rears were brand new when i bought the car a month ago, got budget tyres for now £70 a piece =)
Please don't say Fullruns?

IMO budget tyres ruin the CTR. When I bought my car the dealer said he'd throw in a nice new full set of 19" tyres with the sale...when they arrived they were Fullruns aka 'Ditch Finders'. Very little feedback when pushing it in the dry, but in the wet they were nothing but dangerous.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Please don't say Fullruns?

IMO budget tyres ruin the CTR. When I bought my car the dealer said he'd throw in a nice new full set of 19" tyres with the sale...when they arrived they were Fullruns aka 'Ditch Finders'. Very little feedback when pushing it in the dry, but in the wet they were nothing but dangerous.

I agree, the one place where you shouldn't be cutting costs is on the tyres. Heard nothing but bad things about budget tyres fitted to CTR's.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They're Achilles ATR Sports, tbh I've always used budget tyres for all the cars I've owned and never had any problems, with my ctr I mainly do motorway miles, straight up and down the M1 and A38. I rarely race the car around roundabouts etc so budget tyres do the job for me. I must say though, I had a play with a Audi TT yesterday on a straight (private road obviously ;) ) and the grip on these tyres were really good. Will have to see what they're like in the wet. Already had new Achilles ATR Sports on the back when I bought the car though and they were fine, now I have them on the front too so will have to see =)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts