2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I should have put this in a separate thread to make it more obvious and helpful for everyone.

Thanks to Chris and Rich for sorting out a Stoptech 300mm touring kit for me. They went the extra mile to sort a technical problem and got me a new pair of calipers pronto, by airmail, at their own expense! :thumbsup:

I know its been a while but just been too busy to post pics and a review, I ended up fitting them in the dark anyway, but hope to get some decent shots up soon.

In the mean time I could do with some advice on brake pads for the Stoptech calipers. I'm running EBC reds with Black Diamonds on the rear (I fitted them prior doing a Brembo upgrade but changed my mind and went for the Stoptechs).
Now that I've had a chance to use them a bit and bedding them in as per Stoptechs requirements I'm finding the balance maybe too much to the rear as I think they are making the ABS kick in before max braking is achieved and the fronts pads cooked quite early on the bedding in run.

So I'm thinking the reds need something to balance them up front. So either reds, yellows or DS2500's? I think yellows maybe good as the pad size on the Stoptechs will get heat into them quite quickly, but maybe dusty. According to EBC the reds need a long time to bed in, so not sure if I want that, but they are low dust. And of course the DS2500 have a great reputation but maybe a bit pricey for me ATM. Your advice would be most welcome on the choice and please give me some prices for above too.

Thanks very much guys.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi Stephan, sorry for the late reply, i do have some prices regards a possible upgrade for the touring kit.

I can get hold of all of the pads you have mentioned, and the prices are as follows;

Ferodo DS2500 £155.25 inc VAT
EBC Redstuffs £90.40 inc VAT
Ebc Yellowstuffs £88.75 inc VAT

I would agree with what you said about trying to even up the braking materials front to back. The Stoptech pads are no where near as harder compound as the Yellowstuffs that you have in the rear so perhaps the Yellows or the DS2500's would be better suited as an upgrade. The Redstuffs are good for less brake dust but fade quicker and don't have as high heat tolerence as perhaps the yellowstuffs.

Let me know what you think, and if i can supply anything i'll do my best to sort it quickly.

Thanks,

Rich

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rich, but in the meantime I ordered some Bluestuff NDX from Larkspeed for £92inc.
I thought these maybe good compromise between the Ferodos as the NDX blues are now road legal, bed in quickly, have good wear properties and don't need to heat up like yellows, and they are made in the UK.
I also saw EBC's corporate vid and liked their ethos. They quote the blues as having CoF of 0.55 whereas DS2500 I saw as 0.42? So looking forward to putting these in.
Will let you know how they match up with the reds in the rear.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Thanks Rich, but in the meantime I ordered some Bluestuff NDX from Larkspeed for £92inc.
I thought these maybe good compromise between the Ferodos as the NDX blues are now road legal, bed in quickly, have good wear properties and don't need to heat up like yellows, and they are made in the UK.
I also saw EBC's corporate vid and liked their ethos. They quote the blues as having CoF of 0.55 whereas DS2500 I saw as 0.42? So looking forward to putting these in.
Will let you know how they match up with the reds in the rear.
Thanks again
No problem Stephan, let me know how you get on :cool:

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts