2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the Chav boy who stank of weed who reversed his VX Corsa into me yesterday :mad::mad: It's not the damage as chavs parents are going to pay for it. It's the hassle of getting a couple of quotes & then being without the car. FUMING

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, hopefully it will be sorted quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
You missed a trick there... You should have called the police... They would have done him as soon as they smelt the weed :)

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
But then what, uninsured possibly and his parents arn't going to pay up if you just got their son busted :worms:
+1,

Its a difficult one, you ring the police which is probably the right thing to do in an attempt to get the idiot banned before he kills someone for driving whilst on drugs, just as bad in not worse that drinking & driving in my opinion.

However doing the above won't get your car fixed without going through his or even worse your insurance if he is not insured.

Be careful though. You have gone for the way I would have. But the family maybe attempting to delay the situation and have not intentions of paying you out.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
such a shame Shaun as it's clear hom much effort you put into keeping the car spotless and for some NED to do that...just sucks mate. I hope it's sorted quickly, make sure and go to the best bodyshops you can for your 3 quotes :(

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Sorry to hear of your plight Shaun, I know it does not help, but at least it was not a hit and run, hope you get your car fixed soon, good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Not good! I'd go through insurance. maybe the hike in his premium would be enough to take him off the road!:eek:

Chances are you will get a courtesy car as well while yours is off the road as it wasnt your fault!

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Not good! I'd go through insurance. maybe the hike in his premium would be enough to take him off the road!:eek:

Chances are you will get a courtesy car as well while yours is off the road as it wasnt your fault!
That's if he has insurance, I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't lol.

I thought you get a courtesy car even if you are at fault?

Sorry to hear about this Shaun, but at least you don't have to go through your own insurance. Hope your cars fixed up soon! :)

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sad to hear this.
Whats the damage?
Did you get the Police involved Shaun?
Thanks Chris, decided not to involve the Police as the Corsa had 3 cretins in it. I don't know who was using the weed. The front bumber has been pushed in, it's not obvious but the headlighs now stick out about 5mm from the bumper. It's being stripped down tomorrow.

You missed a trick there... You should have called the police... They would have done him as soon as they smelt the weed :)
Possibly, like I said I don't know who was on the weed. Rang his mother straight away & she said she would pay. I reckon if I had have called the Police & got him knicked then they might not have been so forthcoming. He said he was insurerd, but when you are on the spot you don't know whether the cretin was telling the truth

+1,

Its a difficult one, you ring the police which is probably the right thing to do in an attempt to get the idiot banned before he kills someone for driving whilst on drugs, just as bad in not worse that drinking & driving in my opinion. If I knew he was smoking it then the Police would have been involved, however, he could have smelt of weed because his 2 cronies were the ones smoking it. The odour would have been on his clothes, but it does not mean he was using weed.

However doing the above won't get your car fixed without going through his or even worse your insurance if he is not insured.

Be careful though. You have gone for the way I would have. But the family maybe attempting to delay the situation and have not intentions of paying you out.
Mother & Father of said cretin have assured me that if its not too much they will pay. However, if it is a lot then they will go through insurance as a last resort. They pay nearly £3k on premiums.

Not good! I'd go through insurance. maybe the hike in his premium would be enough to take him off the road!:eek: Will see what happens, mine is a Company car so would prefer if at all possible to sort this out the "easy way"

Yeah, the garage that is stripping it down will sort it. They hope that they can take the bumper off & re-allign it. They don't think anything has been broken. They are a good garage, Lotus/Porsche approved etc

·
TIMMEH!!!!!!
580 Posts
Take it through insurance,

Its then gives you a guarantee that the work with be done and you will be covered.

I had someone go into the rear of my CWCTR, didn't look much, but the honda dealer found the rear suspension damaged. Lucky i didn't just get a bodyshop to fix it.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Take it through insurance,

Its then gives you a guarantee that the work with be done and you will be covered.

I had someone go into the rear of my CWCTR, didn't look much, but the honda dealer found the rear suspension damaged. Lucky i didn't just get a bodyshop to fix it.
Already said she is going to pay the garage bill. Why go through insurance if I don't need to? Also I have a £500 excess. It's simple really, I should find out tomorrow how much it's going to cost. I ring chavs mum & she will either pay or she will then report it to her insurers, who will than pay. ;)

·
Go with the Flo...
1,139 Posts
Yeah its not just as simple as going through the insurance. Even though you can claim the exess back it is HARD to!

Someone reversed into my mums EMPTY car, said he was sorry bla bla, then when it came to insurance he refused to admit it was his fault. she still hasnt got her excess back.

same with my dad, someone pulled out on him. admitted fault there and then but when it came to it changed their mind. he still hasnt got his excess back either.

its a long old process.

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah its not just as simple as going through the insurance. Even though you can claim the exess back it is HARD to!

Someone reversed into my mums EMPTY car, said he was sorry bla bla, then when it came to insurance he refused to admit it was his fault. she still hasnt got her excess back.

same with my dad, someone pulled out on him. admitted fault there and then but when it came to it changed their mind. he still hasnt got his excess back either.

its a long old process.
Fingers crossed it will be sorted today, front being stripped down as we speak. :confused:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think I would do the same as you too. If you claimed on insurance you'd likely still see an increase on your premium even if the case was settled in your favour. The whole insurance industry seems a scam!

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I would do the same as you too. If you claimed on insurance you'd likely still see an increase on your premium even if the case was settled in your favour. The whole insurance industry seems a scam!
That would not bother me as it's a company car. However, at least it looks as if it is sorted. The car is repaired & looks like it did before the bump. Chavs mum is going to sort out the payment later, fingers x

1 - 20 of 25 Posts