2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would just like to thank Paul for updating my flashpro calibration for me today.

From the drive back this is what I have noticed.

1. The initial pull away from standstill feels pretty much the same as the last map so the older map must of been pretty good in this respect.

2. The vtec engagement is much better than before as personally I found it engaged a bit too easily before which made cruising a bit stressful when I wasnt in the mood for vtec. It now requires a bit more throttle to engage vtec which makes for nicer off cam cruising.

3. The actual power when gunning at WOT feels pretty much the same as before so no real gains in this department. Must of had as much power extracted as was possible with the old map, so the new one couldnt extract anymore.

4. The main improvement I have noticed is the MPG. Managed a crazy 41 mpg average all the way over a 150 mile journey on the motorway. Before going up it did pretty well but managed about 38.5 mpg.

My original map was done about 8 months and must of been about 95% good, so I didnt get the gains that some people with older maps would of got. Overall tho it was a good little tweak to my map which slightly improved a few things.

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
That sounds just perfect.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Was good seeing you again today.
Gains were subtle but were clearly there. Don't need to touch the "loud" pedal so much to reach same speeds so mpg improvements are made ;)

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts