2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
would like to say a big thanks for the guys at tdi,they have done a top job on my car,they stayed very late last night 8:30 i got away to head of back home ;) after two days staying there,i must say that the car is totally transformed from a 200 bhp sleeper to a 310 bhp beast with only a cpl cai stock mani & exhaust ;)makes me smile,it would of been 338bhp that's what paul got on the first run but wrong fuel in car only running 95 if it had been 97 it would of seen 330 +,but got it to a good safe level with plenty of power & torque,when paul emails the graph i will post it up,but for now i am going hunting !!!! ;))))

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Not that I'm ever going to charge my FN2 - when I get one - but what's wheelspin like? I'm guessing ridiculous?

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Not that I'm ever going to charge my FN2 - when I get one - but what's wheelspin like? I'm guessing ridiculous?
The power is quite linear mate and it still produces relatively low torque compared to a turbo car.

The secret is all in tyres, and LSD and how you drive it.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I found it was ok unless in 1st in the wet. The FN2 would prob fair even better, with most of the power still at the top of the rev range.

Great numbers on mostly stock internals!! Nice one

Reactions: hagan71ctr

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
The power is quite linear mate and it still produces relatively low torque compared to a turbo car.

The secret is all in tyres, and LSD and how you drive it.
Cheers for clearing that up. Mine's bad enough with 140bhp!

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
Jesus lmao. What do you drive?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Glad your enjoying it mate, how was the drive home?

As for wheelspin, the throttle pedal is your own personal traction control, just dont push it as much lol!!!

Ben

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad your enjoying it mate, how was the drive home?

As for wheelspin, the throttle pedal is your own personal traction control, just dont push it as much lol!!!

Ben
it was interesting got on the motorway petrol light popped on !! next services was 32 mile :( drove 50mph filled it up & waaaahhhheeeeyyy right foot action all the way to 70mph;) seriousley ben the pull when you are not used to it is very back pushed to the seat time,took a friend out who i got that rocka cover off i know don't mention that rocka cover, took him in a private bit a of land the company owns put my foot down all he said was f**k me :) it just kept on going i just laughed at his face wish i had a camera pointed at him ;) just wished i had the 97 fuel in ;) next time i am down tegiwa manifold 97 fuel ftw, as for the wheel spinning it's all how you drive it ;) i keep enough so it just pulls hard when pulling away too much it just spins spins spins spins;) cheers again ben to you & paul , i know you had a bit of a f**k on took a bit longer than normal but it was worth it on my part,by the change all the red piping & couplers back to black looks proper stealthy now,will get pictures up later when paul has sent the graph via email,cheers again ben

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
it was interesting got on the motorway petrol light popped on !! next services was 32 mile :( drove 50mph filled it up & waaaahhhheeeeyyy right foot action all the way to 70mph;) seriousley ben the pull when you are not used to it is very back pushed to the seat time,took a friend out who i got that rocka cover off i know don't mention that rocka cover, took him in a private bit a of land the company owns put my foot down all he said was f**k me :) it just kept on going i just laughed at his face wish i had a camera pointed at him ;) just wished i had the 97 fuel in ;) next time i am down tegiwa manifold 97 fuel ftw, as for the wheel spinning it's all how you drive it ;) i keep enough so it just pulls hard when pulling away too much it just spins spins spins spins;) cheers again ben to you & paul , i know you had a bit of a f**k on took a bit longer than normal but it was worth it on my part,by the change all the red piping & couplers back to black looks proper stealthy now,will get pictures up later when paul has sent the graph via email,cheers again ben
Mate you should always run 99RON, forget the rest.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts