2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I had seen on Ebay a new Keyback in Red that looks sweet so i decided to order it. It came the other day and i decided to attempt to fit it. So i got the right size screw driver and it didnt budge. I tried using a handheld drill - Nothing, WD40 - Nothing. After a while the screw started to strip a tiny bit so i decided to stop.

Today in my lunch time i went round to Honda to ask if they could swap the case over. 5 Mins later they came back and said that they couldn't get the screw off and it had been completley stripped (by them). :( They told me to go to my original dealer and get them to replace my key. :(

So when i got back to work i drilled out the screw and i can still not get the thread out of the key. So i clipped the new key back on and have held it in place with silicon. Done!

My other key wont budge too so how do they expect me to change the battery over when its flat? Other people have complained about how tight the screw is. Any thoughts or tips so if decide to replace my spare key case?

Pete

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Mine was tight , you have to be so carefull .As for repalcing t battery , buy a new key back lol

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
A potential conundrum ...

Why are a few people in here complaining about their "tight screw", when almost everybody clearly suffers from a "loose screw" .. EHH !!! ...

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Why are a few people in here complaining about their "tight screw", when almost everybody clearly suffers from a "loose screw" .. EHH !!! ...
I dunno, but I though everyone enjoyed a nice tight screw...:rolleyes: (mods there is no swearing in this) ;)

Reactions: J. Derek Riddell

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The new one does look much better. Normally i like a tight screw but not in this case ;)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Hey,

When I removed my screw to check the fit of the internals in a flip key the screw thread was showing signs of a little Loctite to keep it in place.
Hence why the problems unscrewing them I think.

Best advice I can give is to use the correct fitting screw driver as this is the key to removing stubborn screws.

Ian

·
Premium Member
24,216 Posts
Coolice is right you need to make sure you have a perfectly fitting screwdriver before you try to undo it, or you will just damage the head.

I can't understand why they apply Loctite however. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the perfect size screwdriver still gave me hell. Im not going to touch my spare until the bat needs changing then il put another case on it at the same time.:)

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
I'm a little puzzled..I replaced my case recently and the screw unscrewed fine.:confused:
........................with an incorrect fitting screwdriver lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts