2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've a problem with the USB playback on my 2010 CRV EX head unit. It's the Alpine one with the SatNav.

Basically you can go to the album list and you get the album titles for the first 95 albums fine, but go to the next page and from 96 onwards you lose the text, just blank boxes. When you choose an album you get all the song titles and when you choose a song you get the album title and the song title on the playback screen, it's just there are no titles in the album list.

The fact they are on the playback screen says to me there is no problem with the ID3 tags, and that it's a problemo with the HU itself ...

Anyone seen anything similar ? Photos attached to show what I mean ...

It's the same for any of my albums between 96 and 456. They are on a 64Gb USB stick.

Ideas to fix appreciated! I have already changed the order of them on the stick using Drivesort (http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/44684-found-tool-sort-mp3-s-thumb-drive.html) and the issue exists whatever order they are in ... blank boxes from 96 onwards :mad:

Cheers,
Charles.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Don't know if this will help, but you could split the folders differently.
I have my albums grouped by the artist name then folders within for each album. Might help to reduce the number of folders at the top/first level ?

Might be some kind of compatibility issue with the 64GB stick ? You could ask the dealer to try your memory stick in another car in case there is some uissue with your unit ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm not sure the folder structure will make a difference; I think that only the lowest level folders are listed anyway?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
The lowest level folders are listed on the 'front screen', clicking into them then displays the subfolder(s). I use it to select artist > album > tracks, so tend to have folders with subfolders then tracks.

You may well be right, and the folder structure might not make any difference but as organising them like this would limit the number of folders that are displayed at a time I thought it might help (and as no one else had offered any suggestions thought it was worth a try) ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done some more playing around today and it's weird. I put them all into folder A-D, E-J etc. This made no difference. So I wonder if it is the folder names or the ID3 tags it uses ...

I'm currently editing the ID3 tags to see what that does ...

Will report back !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Next installment ...

Put all the files in folders off the root so there is only one level.

Same issue still exists :(

However I was able to confirm you can only have 700 folders as the manual says ... as I ended up with 950 on the stick but only 699 display (albeit with no name after 95).

Next thing to try is to get to <700 folders to see if it makes a difference, but somehow I doubt it :(

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Have you tried a smaller capacity memory stick ?
Good luck with the testing, hope you get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking on some of the US forums indicates this is an issue that's best solved by buying an iPod.

I just can't believe that the stereo is sold with such a bug :( very disappointing ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts