2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it with us men and gadgets? especially big red buttons! (c'mon guys - you can't tell me that wasn't the first thing you pressed when you sat in a Civic??)

I know that my wife is dreading me getting my civic as she knows (from experience) that within 20 minutes I will have disabled some feature or other!

Worse still is my brother, a 28 year old paramedic with OCD when it comes to buttons, I went to visit him once in a hire car (renault espace) and within 2 minutes he had changed the language, lost all the stereo presets and disabled the electronic handbrake!

So what's your favourite toy in the civic? mine has to be the aforementioned red button, pretty pointless I know when you still have to turn a key first, but I can't resist.

5...4...3...2...1...Ignition!! 8) :roll:

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
My favorite has to be the rear view camera, especially when in a tight space :D

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
The satnav is my favourite toy. I like fishing in some difficult to find spots and it's been great getting me there! Second favourite is the loud pedal under my right foot :twisted:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
The satnav is certainly up there, but to be honest I think the ambient lights, especially with the addition of the blue LED interior light.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Pottsy said:
The "button" under my right foot.
That's the one for me too. :wink:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm I guess you guys are right, although not owning a civic yet (only 38 more days 8)) I can't comment much on the performance, so for now I will have to content my self with looking at pictures and hearing stories from you lot about how good they are to drive.

Sigh.... 38 days

·
Gadgeteer
121 Posts
The Cruise Control is my favourite gadget as that's the only thing between me and losing my license.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Cruise control YES! Keeps speed under check!

I like the cooled glove box, great for putting sarnies in on a day out.
Glass roof, rear passangers love it!
I thought I would be banging on about how great the dual zoze climate control is, but to be honest, it rarely gets used...
Power folding mirrors
rear 12v supply
There's too many to mention!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Bungle said:
Cruise control YES! Keeps speed under check!

I like the cooled glove box, great for putting sarnies in on a day out.
Glass roof, rear passangers love it!
I thought I would be banging on about how great the dual zoze climate control is, but to be honest, it rarely gets used...
Power folding mirrors
rear 12v supply
There's too many to mention!
You should Use the Climate Control, otherwise you'll have problems with it. Mines on all the time.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I know if it is not used for a while it can start to smell, its a lovely warm place for bacteria to live and they can make it smell a little musty. I am not sure of the mechanical reasons, but I always leave mine on Auto, its easier than messing about.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Its to do with the lubricating oil contained in the refrigerant. If its not used very often, certain things could seize up.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh yeah! I remember someone telling me that the "monday blues" were something to do with the bacteria that had been growing the AC over the weekend being blasted into the office where the lucky employees filtered it out through their lungs!

Oh well, gives an excuse to leave it on all the time :)

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
voice activation, spooks my collegues when I talk to the car it finishes the star trek experience of the whole cockpit look and feel. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to say at the moment it's definitely voice activation and mp3 capability that is doing it for me, HFT would be good if the bluetooth connection didn't drain my phones battery in 12 hours

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
dtm, its a pain having to keep the phone charged up, I used to have a cradle which did the job for you, nice not to have a cradle bolted to the dash, but a pain to have to get a cig lighter charger, ruins the look.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have just left the phone in the boot, plugged in to the socket there. The Bluetooth works perfectly.

The downside is that the HFT microphone is so appallingly bad that I have to shout myself hoarse for the person at the other end of the phone to hear

1 - 20 of 24 Posts