2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic 2012 5 Door Hatchback 2.2L i-DTEC, custom fit facelift rear lights and bumper w/splitter
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. Back in April this year I bought a 2012 civic 9 hatchback not knowing anything about civics. I quickly did some learning and found out they facelifted it and my emotions were mixed. The front end looked a bit too pointy but I quite liked the rear end, much more sporty. So I decided to mash them together.

Here's her when I bought her:
(Fun to note it's a 2.2 i-DTEC N22B4, turbocharged direct injection engine)

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Tire

And after many pounds down the rabbit hole, hours and hours of work and lots of literal blood, sweat and tears, here she is.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Work that I personally did:
-Fit the rear bumper and splitter
-Fit the new rear light clusters
-Fit the rear spoiler/brake light
-Fit TeamHEKO wind deflectors
-Painted the brake callipers with 3 coats of E-TECH enamel Yellow (Car went on axle stands and all wheels off, brake discs off too)
-New full set of Brembo front and rear discs, front and rear pads too
-Fit Civic sport front grille
-Yellow pinstripe detail on the rear splitter, wind deflectors and front bumper
-K&N panel performance air filter
-Maxton Design duck lip spoiler extension

Work I paid for:
-Full custom fabricated straight-through exhaust system, dual twin exit, both real
-Custom remap (all together looking at about 200bhp give or take)
-SAITOWORKS sun strip in yellow

Work that will be done:
-Yellow speed racing coil overs
-Going to change the alloys from 17s to 18s, probably JRs
-Paint the front grille, not decided which shade of grey to go with as of yet
-I have asked a performance tuner to design me a custom short ram intake
-Rear window tints
-Skirt extensions and front splitter being decided still
-Some good tyres too, but only once my suspension is upgraded

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi there. Back in April this year I bought a 2012 civic 9 hatchback not knowing anything about civics. I quickly did some learning and found out they facelifted it and my emotions were mixed. The front end looked a bit too pointy but I quite liked the rear end, much more sporty. So I decided to mash them together.

Here's her when I bought her:
(Fun to note it's a 2.2 i-DTEC N22B4, turbocharged direct injection engine)

View attachment 326397
View attachment 326396

And after many pounds down the rabbit hole, hours and hours of work and lots of literal blood, sweat and tears, here she is.

View attachment 326400
View attachment 326399
View attachment 326398

Work that I personally did:
-Fit the rear bumper and splitter
-Fit the new rear light clusters
-Fit the rear spoiler/brake light
-Fit TeamHEKO wind deflectors
-Painted the brake callipers with 3 coats of E-TECH enamel Yellow (Car went on axle stands and all wheels off, brake discs off too)
-New full set of Brembo front and rear discs, front and rear pads too
-Fit Civic sport front grille
-Yellow pinstripe detail on the rear splitter, wind deflectors and front bumper
-K&N panel performance air filter
-Maxton Design duck lip spoiler extension

Work I paid for:
-Full custom fabricated straight-through exhaust system, dual twin exit, both real
-Custom remap (all together looking at about 200bhp give or take)
-SAITOWORKS sun strip in yellow

Work that will be done:
-Yellow speed racing coil overs
-Going to change the alloys from 17s to 18s, probably JRs
-Paint the front grille, not decided which shade of grey to go with as of yet
-I have asked a performance tuner to design me a custom short ram intake
-Rear window tints
-Skirt extensions and front splitter being decided still
-Some good tyres too, but only once my suspension is upgraded
Looks really nice mate, not going to bump into a civic that looks the same any time soon ha! How much did you end up paying for the custom exhaust? Looking into getting one for my own 9g!

·
Registered
Honda Civic 2012 5 Door Hatchback 2.2L i-DTEC, custom fit facelift rear lights and bumper w/splitter
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks really nice mate, not going to bump into a civic that looks the same any time soon ha! How much did you end up paying for the custom exhaust? Looking into getting one for my own 9g!
Hey mate how's it going 👌🏼 it was 1400 in total for the remap and exhaust. It was a completely custom build straight through, stainless steel. If you've got the cash for it then it's worth it. It sounds mega, turbo whines nicely too even with a k&n panel (if you've got a diesel).

·
Registered
2013 MK9 pre facelift 1.8 TI. Eibach springs and spacers. Michelin PS4’s. Always run on VPower fuel
406 Posts
Hi,

I was quoted £600 for a powerflow custom exhaust with one twin pipe exit for my 9G 1.8.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey mate how's it going 👌🏼 it was 1400 in total for the remap and exhaust. It was a completely custom build straight through, stainless steel. If you've got the cash for it then it's worth it. It sounds mega, turbo whines nicely too even with a k&n panel (if you've got a diesel).
Not cheap then ha, I was only looking to get a nice sounding back-box to be honest! No gain really putting a full system onto the 1.8!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not cheap then ha, I was only looking to get a nice sounding back-box to be honest! No gain really putting a full system onto the 1.8!
Absolutely right mate. There is stuff off the shelf for the 1.8 👌🏼 forgot to ask what engine you had

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

I was quoted £600 for a powerflow custom exhaust with one twin pipe exit for my 9G 1.8.
you're totally right mate. There is stuff off the shelf for the 1.8. There is nothing for the 2.2 diesel however which is what I'm running

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi DJMozza! I am planning on facelifting the rear of my 2012 9g and I have a couple questions I need answered first before trying this.
Where can I contact you? Do you have instagram, a phone number for me or something else we could talk on?
This would be greatly appreciated as I really need some help with this project.
Cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi DJMozza! I am planning on facelifting the rear of my 2012 9g and I have a couple questions I need answered first before trying this.
Where can I contact you? Do you have instagram, a phone number for me or something else we could talk on?
This would be greatly appreciated as I really need some help with this project.
Cheers!
Hello mate,
Shoot me an email to [public email removed]

Use the 'Conversation' facility, safer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts