2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What, in your opinion is a car that is the closest to the Type-R in terms of performance, handling, and facilities/features?

I've been strugling to think of a car with a similar composition (and I guess price) and I really cannot think of one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Toyota Celica...193 Hp...Try to beat one..It sounds almost the same and it reaches also 8400 rev limiter ...One of those came next to me one day and we accelerated up to 3rd speed and we were just the same..Ofcourse I dont know what the guy maybe has done to the engine because it had 4
exhaust in the back of his car...But the Sound of its engine was Veryyyy similar to vtec and at the beggining I though to my self (this guy should have changed his engine with a vtec one) lol after that I googled it and found out ...what happens..

·
Registered
610 Posts
Clio

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
The Clio probably handles better, and has a higher power/weight, not that I would buy one.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think we are assuming it's a currently available car not a discontinued one here which cancels out a teg, GTi6, 205GTi etc

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
a CW CTR :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Must say I am very tempted by the new Focus RS which goes against everything I have ever said and thought about Fords.:confused:

If I wanted a real responsive car it would be either a Megan R26R or a stripped EP3 running NA mods and cams.

The more I'm driving my FN2 and climbing back into the EP3 I'm racing I realise what a watered down car the FN2 is. It's not a Type-R in the old sense, its a designed car for the masses with compromises to sell.

If you want a modern available Type-R you buy the FD2.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Toyota Celica...193 Hp...Try to beat one..It sounds almost the same and it reaches also 8400 rev limiter ...One of those came next to me one day and we accelerated up to 3rd speed and we were just the same..Ofcourse I dont know what the guy maybe has done to the engine because it had 4
exhaust in the back of his car...But the Sound of its engine was Veryyyy similar to vtec and at the beggining I though to my self (this guy should have changed his engine with a vtec one) lol after that I googled it and found out ...what happens..
My last car was a Toyota Celica 190 (VVTL-i) with the lift cam.

It is, but again not like the FN2, you get a slight nudge when that kicks, with the Celica 190 it's a little different, the car itself is 140BHP car until you hit about 6k revs, then once the lift cam kicks in it kicks it to 190BHP right to the rev line which is much more noticeable than the FN2

I prefered it over my FN2 acceleration wise as it seemed faster than my current car, but I got bored with it like I do most cars every 2 years!

I have a thing that every car I buy has to be faster though so mods will soon sort that out hopefully! :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
My previous car before I got a Civic was the Corolla T-Sport which has the same engine as the Celica 190/T-Sport.

A nice sleeper car until you hit 6k revs where it really surprises you! My old pre-facelift car surprised many a performance car and on most days I still miss it's performance. It was very under rated against the EP3 Type R but with a few mods it was great!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I test drove a John Cooper Works Mini (old shape), supercharged with about 230 bhp. Amazing fun and really fast and sounds great but too small for me otherwise I would have gone for it.

Think there would be very little that would keep up with it on certain roads.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts