2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in the post this morning got the renewal through for the the type r and guess what its gone up,full ncd and has I pay monthly the total figure for the year is £736.55 for fully comp with privelage:(,im 40 and the misses is 39 so been on the price comparison sites and cheapest I can find comes with all this onchurchill insurance with no voluntary excess.Paying this monthly only comes to £388.60 that works out at roughly £33 a month:),all I can say its better to shop around for your insurance.
European cover

Medical Treatment
Free Courtesy Car
Personal Accident
Audio Equipment
Fire/Theft Repair
Accidental Damage
Personal Belongings
Emergency Accommodation
Windscreen Cover
Protected no claims
Legal cover.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Might be shopping around myself as my renewal is coming in around £550 for the FN2 (up £100 from last year). I'm 45 with full NCB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think they just expect you to stay with them at renewal time,if your 45 you should be paying a lot less than £550.
I got my documents yesterday and it's cheaper than my online quote at £366 for myself and the wife.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
I will be ringing around tomorrow including Greenlight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
Aviva 20% new customer online discount £300.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mines actually gone down (I'm with axa). I never accept the automatic renewals and my renewal with axa this year was £240 but I went onto the axa website for a new quote and it came in at £201 for the exact same policy and by taking it out via a cash back website I get £35 cash back, therefore costing £166!

Take a look at the cash back websites like quidco.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
LV also moaned after 3 mods, hence the move to Chris Knott. We'll see how cheap Greenlight are this time - they were dearer last year!

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
An Insurance broker once told me that insurance companies still bank on the punter just renewing the policy with them, as they have been with them for some time.
That's how they get their extra dosh to balance out those that tell them to price match, or they will go elsewhere.
I have stayed with the same company for years, but on each renewal time, we go through the same lark.
They send me a daft renewal price, I tell them to price match OR better another quote and the price comes down by 30 - 40%.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Yes, I play the game with LV on the other 2 cars but Chris Knott doesn't seem to want to play!

Never mind, we'll see what happens - I'm sure someone will be happy to take £400 off me for a years insurance.

Looks like I'll be sat in the garden with yellow pages and a laptop tomorrow!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know the feeling. Had my renewal in May, £455 and after searching online quotes (in Northern Ireland several websites don't cover this area) I'm still with the same company (Directline) and paying £236.
More money in my pocket for modding!

·
Keep On Vtec'ing!
553 Posts
OH is just shopping round for me at the moment. Currently paying £850 fully comp (Live in Central London) with Elephant.co.uk and insurance is due in September. Currently getting quotes of £650 at the moment which is a pleasent surprise cross fingers that those quotes hold out for when i need to renew :D

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
My renewal with Aviva just came through for £470 on the CTR, up on last year :(

Price comparison sites come in with 3 company's under £300 and one at £303.

Ill give greenlight and chris knott a bell tomorrow and also see if aviva want to price match.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Id kill to pay 3-400quid a year- im paying 1200 a year on the 2.2 lol- definitely going to change my insurance next renewal- directline i asked them how much for FMIC, new alloys (rota's) eibach springs and could be a possible exhaust change. I just asked about them and they had some sort of fit, telling me that its directlines recommendation to keep to the same springs as these eibach springs were aftermarket unreliable and cause me to claim :S. Dont know about that. Might look deep into mod policies and of course mod insurance company :)

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Seems Greenlight don't want to insure mine, due to me doing too high a mileage. Funny that they quoted last year on same mileage.

Never mind, I'll never understand the logic of car insurance!

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
And wat milage do you do? I do around 500 a week so i think im screwed haha

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
And wat milage do you do? I do around 500 a week so i think im screwed haha

I asked for a quote based on 18K. Their limit is 15K apparently.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts