2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

For years I have been a basic cleaner , using some shampoo and then pOlishing with autoglym resin polish and some cheap wheel clean to keep the alloys shining.

But with the new civic (cosmic grey) I'm looking to go the full works , so been searching and can't seem to find or decide where I should start, as I'm looking to get the car extra clean and shiny and don't really know what to start with, so of you guys could recommend some products that'd be great and oh In particular I need something to remOve all he black marks from the corners of my alloys.

Cheers Dan

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Hey,

For years I have been a basic cleaner , using some shampoo and then pOlishing with autoglym resin polish and some cheap wheel clean to keep the alloys shining.

But with the new civic (cosmic grey) I'm looking to go the full works , so been searching and can't seem to find or decide where I should start, as I'm looking to get the car extra clean and shiny and don't really know what to start with, so of you guys could recommend some products that'd be great and oh In particular I need something to remOve all he black marks from the corners of my alloys.

Cheers Dan
Lots of posts like this lately, it is a minefield as you are going to get loads of different answers :worms:

Good shampoo (Autoglym Body Conditioning)
Wash Mitt (no sponge)
Clay - (Bilt Hamber as it uses water as lube)
MF cloths & a good drying towel (wooly mammoth)
Wheel brush (EZ Brush)
Snow foam & lance (if you have a pressure washer)
2 buckets
Iron-X or Purple Rain
Tardis
Polish (Gtechniq P1)
Wax/sealant (FK1000P)

I have put my preferences in brackets, but you are now going to get other posts with other peoples preferences.

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Lots of posts like this lately, it is a minefield as you are going to get loads of different answers :worms:

Good shampoo (Autoglym Body Conditioning)
Wash Mitt (no sponge)
Clay - (Bilt Hamber as it uses water as lube)
MF cloths & a good drying towel (wooly mammoth)
Wheel brush (EZ Brush)
Snow foam & lance (if you have a pressure washer)
2 buckets
Iron-X or Purple Rain
Tardis
Polish (Gtechniq P1)
Wax/sealant (FK1000P)

I have put my preferences in brackets, but you are now going to get other posts with other peoples preferences.
to the op, that list pretty much sums it up, just have a good read or watch you tube vids on 2 bucket method and good wash routines

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
I am interested in this too I posted this last night on here

I will finally get around to doing it, I just tend to wash and polish. I got a couple of minor marks I want rid off before I do, scratch on drivers door. Egg shaped mark on drivers front wing (seeing someone about getting that fixed later this week) and a few minor chips for a almost 4 year old car.

So do I need to get rid of polish and start again. I seem to recall someone using fairy liquid?

Pre wash hose down followed by two bucket method and Mers or AG car wash
I then clay (might go for one that uses water as lubricant)
Polish (I use AG super resin)
wax (Collinite #915 Marque D'Elegance)
Top up protection (and ideas?)

Wheels
------
Wolf F-1NT Nano wheel cleaner

Tyres
-----
Gtechniq T1 Tyre and Trim

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
I am interested in this too I posted this last night on here

I will finally get around to doing it, I just tend to wash and polish. I got a couple of minor marks I want rid off before I do, scratch on drivers door. Egg shaped mark on drivers front wing (seeing someone about getting that fixed later this week) and a few minor chips for a almost 4 year old car.

So do I need to get rid of polish and start again. I seem to recall someone using fairy liquid?

Pre wash hose down followed by two bucket method and Mers or AG car wash
I then clay (might go for one that uses water as lubricant)
Polish (I use AG super resin)
wax (Collinite #915 Marque D'Elegance)
Top up protection (and ideas?)

Wheels
------
Wolf F-1NT Nano wheel cleaner

Tyres
-----
Gtechniq T1 Tyre and Trim
Looks ok, Bilt Hamber regular clay from a well known auction site ;)
Top up, a decent quick detailer such as AG Rapid Detailer, FK#425, Zaino-Z8

Not used the Wolfs, I use Autobrite Very Cherry, brilliant stuff

T1 gets good reviews, but not used it. I use Megs trim protector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.