2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, my car is 3 years old in a couple of weeks and thinking about buying the honda extended warranty

Do you think it represents good value ? anybody have any experiance claiming under it ?

Steve

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Thought about it for mine to.
Dealer quoted around £250 and I also got a letter from Honda offering one too (£40 per month).
Neither were Honda, but were a third part insurance.
Neither would give me a detailed breaked down of what was covered!
Won't cover half the things that the original 3 year does, so i gave up and did without.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i had my jazz warranty extended for a further 2 years as i am plannig to keep the car, the only thing it wont cover is the wear and tear but you can pay extra for the wear and tear option which is £50 extra, also they throw in the break down cover with it as well so all in all a good deal if you want the peace of mind

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Guys, my car is 3 years old in a couple of weeks and thinking about buying the honda extended warranty

Do you think it represents good value ? anybody have any experiance claiming under it ?

Steve
I have the extended warranty for my Type R, to be honest i wouldnt have a Honda now without one, i paid £300 for mine including wear and tear items, i havent had to use it yet but i'm pretty sure it would cover most things that the standard warranty covers..

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
That sounds good value.
If it covers wear and tear, is that brakes to?
You have only got to have front and rear pads/disks and you have got more than your money back!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
try a site called click4 warranty it covers nearly everything plus wear and tear.For 3 years cover is about £300 :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
That sounds good value.
If it covers wear and tear, is that brakes to?
You have only got to have front and rear pads/disks and you have got more than your money back!
It wouldn't cover brake pads, i think what they mean by wear and tear is bushes and the like.. :)

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
£300 is good value provided the cover is comprehensive especially when you consider that 3 years breakdown cover through an independent cover company eg. AA, RAC, Green Flag etc for a decent level of cover is probably around £75 per year and so £225 for 3 years anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
The Honda extended warranty excludes the radio and cd player.
Which must mean that they considered it to be a load of rubbish to start with.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
try a site called click4 warranty it covers nearly everything plus wear and tear.For 3 years cover is about £300 :D
Think you need to look again as the quote for my Civic is from £169.98 to £194.25 per year :confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
The Honda extended warranty excludes the radio and cd player.
Which must mean that they considered it to be a load of rubbish to start with.:rolleyes:

Or it never goes wrong [smilie=thatworks.g:[smilie=thatworks.g:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts